Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

No RFA data

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Default RE: Acdelco 12 disc cd changer

Hello Belagato I ve been to swedish saab they work with american cars too they told me they couldnt find any data like it stands on my car no rfa data so they told me we can give you defa alarm instead of that, thats was all they told.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

wondering .. u got the rfa data thing under control?

also, if ebay doesnt provide what you need, look in our Allante Forum
for a thread on Allante parts, that may also help you on fiinding parts for your car.

you will have to change parameters on the database to match your car after you get there,
nevertheless, click here: USED CAR PARTS

Old 04-27-2007, 02:30 PM

James,

Please do the following simple (and safe) test:

Ignition ON, car may or may not run. On your AC panel, press and hold the [OFF] and [Passenger Warmer] (rightmost) buttons simultaneously, until ALL the IPC and HVAC lights illuminate to do a so called Segment Check. You are in diagnostic mode now. Then, watch the DIC as it goes thru the different modules and displays any DTCs, current or history. Write them down, just in case. After this, you'll se the prompt PCM?. With the [FAN DOWN] button answer No. You'll se the following prompts: IPC?, ACM?, SDM?, TCS?, PZM?, IRC?. Answer with No to all. The next one is supposed to be RFA?. If there is no such prompt, you can exit diagnostic mode by pushing in the big round [AUTO/TEMP] button, or simply turn off the ignition. If you do see this prompt, answer it with [FAN UP] (Yes). You will see another set of prompts, and answer with No to all. One of them sould be RFA DATA?. At this point exit diagnostics as described previously.

It is entirely possible that your STS is a European/Sweedish export model, and this option was simply deleted as government regulations reagardig appliances emitting Radio Frequencies vary from country to country. Ask your Department of Motor Vehicles, or the agency that deals with the Air Waves or importers of American Automobiles.