Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 11:56 AM
AJL

Once I repair it on my own for less than 300$ i didnt get any other problem...sure its disappointing at first but when its done , my ATS is a great car and the new screen works even better so Cadillac makes excellent products and its okay once in a while to do some repair, right! :-)

Old 07-29-2020, 08:30 AM
Default Expensive Defect!

I thought for sure someone had been using my 2016 Cadillac SRX while I was away but my husband said it never moved from the garage yet I have a crack and spiderwebbing on the inside of the screen. Cadillac Svc, as soon as they saw it, said this is a known problem w/CUE screens.
I am 2k miles out of warranty so was told this known Caddy problem is not their responsibility. The Svc Mgr said he was 'going to bat' for me and calling Caddy to see if they would take care of and consider it Goodwill.
A week later with no response I called and spoke to Svc Mgr Scott and he said he did talk with corporate Cadillac and they would generously split the $1,500 repair with me.
Why would I pay $700+ for a known defect that had nothing to do with operator or normal wear & tear? Would you?
Still trying to get resolution... I see there is a class-action suit against them for this very reason: https://www.classaction.org/cadillac...s-unresponsive

Old 07-29-2020, 11:11 AM

Caddy Mom,

we ordered the screen from CEUscreens that is mentioned above for $132, it came in a few days with the necessary tools. There is a YouTube video from them as well. My husband was able to do it himself by playing the video and completing each step as it went along, in total it took about 3 1/2 hours from start to finish with a few breaks in-between. It looks great, I don’t notice anything different as the computer software is not changed, only the screen, Cadillac is charging to replace the entire CEU piece that the screen is attached to, not just the screen. If you know anyone that can follow directions on a video, I am very confident it can be done and would save a ton of $$$$. Might be worth looking into?

Old 06-30-2023, 11:52 AM

I own a 2013 xts and 3 yrs ago my touch screen started to spider web it was under warranty took it to local cadillac dealer and they fixed it well here we are 3 yrs later, and same issue again, called cadillac dealer they said sure we will fix it for a fee ????? Also 2 years ago a/c went, took it to caddy and they fived it for the tune of 1900.00 and guess what , here we are an ac is blowing warm again !!!!!!!!!!! Very dissatisfied with cadillac i worked very had to purchase this car and it wasnt cheap,,,,,,, very dissapointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2023, 11:54 AM

Where did you get it fixed for soo little ???