Cadillac ATS This new compact luxury sedan has been designed to take on the best of the luxury segment from around the world.

Cue screen cracks

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 09:20 AM
Default Cue screen cracks

I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS with spider cracks on my cue screen I have 67,000 miles and I am out of warranty. When I drive and the sunlight hits it my radio goes Garza. I’ve read other forums and noticed this is an ongoing problem. It was replaced once before when I was still under warranty and now it’s happened again.why does this continue to happen?

Old 03-27-2018, 02:18 AM

Hi, Nathan. We regret to hear of your concern with your 2013 ATS Cue Screen. We understand how frustrating repeat concerns can be. We would like an opportunity to review your situation further. Please e-mail us at socialmedia@gm.com and include "ATTN: Kell" in the subject line. We look forward to your reply there.

Kell S.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 05-28-2018, 05:55 PM

I also had my CUE screen replace while under warranty and just 5/27/2018 my Cue screen spider web cracked due to the heat. I am sure this new screen I got should still have its own manufacturer warranty. I love Cadillac but after noticing every single model is having this issue and the issue is very common. it makes me wonder what they are doing for the consumer. Why is this not a recall? I can Hadley use the back up camera now.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:06 AM

One month ago I noticed cracks on my cue screen of my 2014 Cadillac ATS. After speaking to a mechanic I was informed it’s been a fairly common problem, mostly due to heat. My car is always garage kept, aside from the obvious while out in a parking lot while running errands. I called my local dealer who quoted me a price of over $1400.00 to replace the screen. After seeing numerous forums and threads I’ve realized how much more common it is. I contacted Cadillac directly and they have instructed me to bring it for an evaluation at my dealer and then we will take it from there. I hope they can help. I truly love this car and hoping to replace it in the next few years, but if this problem persists and Cadillac can not help then it’s unlikely I’ll be purchasing another Cadillac. So far they have responded quickly and very helpful. Hoping for a positive outcome.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:50 PM

I have a similar situation. 2014 Cadillac CTS with about 77k miles on it. The other day, my wife came out from work and started the car up and the screen was cracked and unresponsive in certain parts of the screen. I took it to the dealership today and they said they were informed by GM that it would not be fixed because the vehicle had too many miles on it. Was about to trade this one in on a 2018 but I seriously doubt it now. Will probably get rid of it and buy a luxury vehicle with luxury parts from another manufacturer.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Default Spider cracked screen

I have 2014 ATS and I complained to GM Canada, I missed the call but let you guys know what was their answer for my screen.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:46 PM
Unhappy I have an ATS with a cracked CUE

I purchased a 2017 ATS December 2018. I have only had the car 6 months. I keep my car in an attached garage. I had not driven my car for a couple of days due to being home ill. I pulled out of the garage and noticed spider web cracking in the left hand corner of my Cue. First I thought it was just something on the screen. In the sunlight I could see that it looked like it was cracking. You could not feel any scratches and it was not punctured. I called the dealership that told me don't worry it is under manufacturer warranty. The dealership has had my car for a week and calls today to tell me that GM will not pay for it. Said something must have happened to it. I was livid. The dealership knows me as this car has already been in 3 times before this. I am almost 60 years old and take care of my things. I drive 7 miles to work and 7 home. It's crazy that they are implying that this is my fault. I have spoke to GM today and got a case started. This will be about 1400.00 if I have to pay for it, which I have no intention of. Had to sue SM over a car before, will do it again.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:23 AM

I have a 2013 XTS and need a new cue screen. I have heard a lot of the screens on sale do not function properly fit etc any advice on where to buy the best replacement screen Rather pay a few dollars more to get the proper one

Old 03-13-2020, 01:25 PM
Default Cue screen cracked again!!!

Hi, have a 14 ats which recently had the cue screen cracked and replaced free of charge when my vehicle had roughly 60,000 miles on it. The screen just cracked again at 80,000 miles and now they want to charge a fee of around 300$ to be fixed because “the car is no longer in warranty” where as the cue screen is fairly new? Why wasn’t there a recall on the faulty product?

Old 04-10-2020, 10:13 AM

We bought my wife a 2014 Cadillac ATS and she was thrilled to finally own a Cadillac. She's older with health issues so doesn't drive all that much. The car has all of 34k miles on it. A month ago we had to spend around $800 for a 5-hour sensor replacement.

Yesterday I got in the car and the CUE was all spider-web cracked! The car hadn't moved for several days so it happened in the driveway on its own. No severe temp changes to cause it.
I immediately went to the dealership. They had to replace this CUE a couple years ago on warranty because it wasn't responding to commands. Now they're telling me it's out of warranty and it'll probably cost me $1,200 out of pocket to fix! This replacement only lasted a couple years and *maybe* 5-10k miles!
Cadillac knows they have defective screens in these cars. Just look at all the cases. We paid a premium for what we though would be a premium vehicle but it's turning out to be a money pit.

PLEASE, someone from Cadillac get in touch with us. We're retired with limited cash to keep spending on this car. This screen should last the lifetime of the car, not just a couple years.

Quick Reply: Cue screen cracks