Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Future reliability concern

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Default Future reliability concern

33 days ago I purchased a 2000 Cadillac seville sls(70,000m)from a used car dealer. Since the purchase the waterpump has been replaced, the power windows didnt work but they fixed it. Now this morning the engine overheated and produced no heat. The display read that there was no oil in the car yet there was;They are going to look at it tommorrow. My fundamental question is, are these typical repairs for this car or have I purchased a lemon? I have a 5,000 mile warranty from the dealer so for now im fine.I know it is a difficult question because each car is unique when it comes to repairs. Are these signs, that car is defective or in your experience,typical repairs for this year or mileage. The reason I am asking is that I can get my money back at this stage. I love the car but the future repairs concern me. I truley hope that these repairs are normal at this stage for a used seville.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Default RE: Future reliability concern

You know what they say...if you want something done right, do it yourself. In the end, it's all up to you.

If It was me, Iwouldn't be concerned at all. If you buy a used car from private sale or even a dealer, it's best to assume that it wasn't looked after as good as what YOU can do, yourself. I would change all the fluids, clean the intake, change the plugs, thermostat, air filter, and give the engine a good shampoo. Then I would drive it a bit aggressively to make sure there are no weak points, and if so immediately fix them. There's nothing wrong with coming on to the engine periodically it's actually good for it. I would wash everything under the hood. Dirt and heat are the two main causes of engine failures....I wouldn't worry a bit, always remain confident aboutyour vehicle. It's a Cadillac, it has a good reputation and if you treat it good, it will treat you better.

You can take a "lemon" and turn it into a good working vehicle in half an hour if you know what to do. Just learn as much as you can about your specific car and you'll feel much better about it. You can't go wrong with a Cadillac.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:28 PM

Exactly what musique said.
You can't go wrong with a Lac, gas prices are a bitch nowdays lolz, excuse my French

Old 02-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Certified Members

Investigate extended warranty that covers everything. Cadillacs aren't really that bad of car, however they can be expensive to repair when they break.