Collections Is your hobby more of a collection than a project? Let's see it!

Maybe a future addition to my 4x4 collection ..

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default Maybe a future addition to my 4x4 collection ..

by Edmonds

Ford looks back

the Bronco concept that was revealed at the 2004 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The neo-Bronco and a companion five-door hatchback are to be aimed, like the Dodge Hornet, at Gen-Y buyers who have been drawn to the Scion xA and xB and are expected to be the primary audience for such recent and upcoming entries as the Honda Fit, the Nissan Versa and the Toyota Yaris.

Like DaimlerChrysler, Dearborn searched around the globe for the right combination of platform and production sourcing, rejecting one proposal to import a small Fiesta-based utility vehicle called "EcoSport" from its Brazilian subsidiary.

Ford's Japanese affiliate Mazda already is doing the engineering development work on the next-generation Fiesta for Europe, Asia and Latin America, but the new B-segment platform was deemed too expensive for the '09 baby Bronco, which Ford hopes to price from under $10,000.

So two strategic decisions have been taken — one, to base the Bronco on the current Fiesta to keep costs down and, two, to assemble the car at Ford of Mexico's Cuautitlán plant, which currently makes the Fiesta-based Ikon sedan for Latin American markets. Originally, the Bronco was to have gone into production in fall 2007, but the program recently was delayed.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Default RE: Maybe a future addition to my 4x4 collection ..

All in all, it's still a ford..............

Old 11-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: 76eldoragtop

All in all, it's still a ford..............
Fricking Outrageous Radical Device - FORD

yep ......

Old 11-22-2007, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Now Stomp, you know how many of those are out there? I know you do.

FixO r Repair Daily

Old 11-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Certified Members

REAL NICE LOOKING VEHICLE ..... KEEP US POSTED, ANY SPECS YET?..... FORD DOES MAKE A DECENT TRUCK, WOOOO I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAID THAT AFTER SELLING GMS FOR 30+ YEARS...... ANY MORE INFO, IT LOOKS LIKE A PRETTY RUGID VEHICLE.... I JUST GOT THE LADY A NITRO, PRETTY COOL,BUT AGIRLISH TYPE SUV. SHE LOVES IT......

Old 11-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Now Stomp, you know how many of those are out there? I know you do.

FixO r Repair Daily
Dated phrase? I havent heard that since .. wow, I cant remember.
That reminds me, how is that Allante of yours? ohhh come on, just kidding.

Honestly, the worse experience with trucks I ever had was a new Chevrolet PU that couldnt keep a wheel alignment, followed by a Dodge Van that ate spider gears at the rear differential and door seals that would not seal. Both acquired new.

My best truck experiences were with a '51 Chev Truck .. fun truck .. and the 4x4's (awsome utility and fun machine), both acquired well used. Next time you drive to the NW, look around, it is FORD TRUCK Country.

By far, my very best experience with a car, looking at comfort, dealer support, parts, power, reliability?
1988 Lincoln MK VII, moon roof, recaros, EFI 5.0, etc .. bought it in '91 with 40,000 miles and drove
it hard and fast for the next 100,000 miles. The car was awesome until my "X" drove it the wrong way, at high speed,
into a set of EXIT SPIKES and popped the whole set of "Z" rated tires and managed to blow the suspension air bags.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:43 AM

Man, get a Defender 90 before that. You will be in much better hands.

Leo