Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Just got a '92 Seville-Future Classic??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Smile Just got a '92 Seville-Future Classic??

Hello all,

I just got a '92 Seville and it has surprised me. I originally just bought it thinking it would be an old "beater" car that would get me around for a few years while I drove it into the ground. Well the more I get to "know" it the more I like it. It has 67,000 miles on it and is in pristine condition. It was a one owner car, the man just passed away in Feb, he was 97 years old.

So my question that I want to open up to the forum is what are everyone's thoughts on this car becoming a "classic". What I mean is that if I had a pristine 92 Corolla right now I wouldn't be thinking that in ten years I could take it to classic car show. But after a little bit of research this caddy seems like it has potential, first year of that design and motor trends car of the year.

Also if anyone owns one of these cars and has any insight they feel would be helpful please pass it along.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Certified Members

Welcome, the 92 has 4.9 push rod engine vs Northstar. car should be reliable but you need to have a Experienced Cadillac tech work on it. Get a set of FSMs.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:35 PM

Most would state a classic would be a 25 year old car in great condition. So, if it is in very good condition (as you said), and making sure everything works, it may start HOLDING or APPRECIATING in value. For instance, in 1992, my dad bought me a 1977 Cadillac Coupe Deville for $500. That basically started my love of everything Cadillac. Today, if I go on AutoTrader Classic, that $500 car - if restored - would be worth over $8000! Comparing my 2002 Deville and the 1977, the engine then was so easy to get to then, while the Northstar needs to be removed if anything goes wrong.

TS

Old 04-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Default 4.9 liter engine

Originally Posted by corriebh
Hello all,

I just got a '92 Seville and it has surprised me. I originally just bought it thinking it would be an old "beater" car that would get me around for a few years while I drove it into the ground. Well the more I get to "know" it the more I like it. It has 67,000 miles on it and is in pristine condition. It was a one owner car, the man just passed away in Feb, he was 97 years old.

So my question that I want to open up to the forum is what are everyone's thoughts on this car becoming a "classic". What I mean is that if I had a pristine 92 Corolla right now I wouldn't be thinking that in ten years I could take it to classic car show. But after a little bit of research this caddy seems like it has potential, first year of that design and motor trends car of the year.

Also if anyone owns one of these cars and has any insight they feel would be helpful please pass it along.

I have had 3-4.9's over the years, and still own a 92 eldorado with the 4.9, the 4.9 is a terrific engine, my eldo. has 166,000 miles on it and still runs great and doesn't burn oil,as far as being a classic, I don't think they
are highly regarded with car guys, their weak point is water pumps, they
usually need replacing around 90,000 miles,if my 92 packed it in I would still watch out to buy a 4.9 caddy, overall they are a dependable and
reliable.