Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

98 sts Fuse Blowing, Causes 5 engine codes????

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Default 98 sts Fuse Blowing, Causes 5 engine codes????

I have a 1998 Cadi Seville sts, and I have 5 engine codes that appear after my ignition-1 fuse blows, i believe this is number 11 on the scimatic, it is a 10 amp fuse. The codes that appear are:

MAF Sensor circuit low frequency
1-2 shift solenoid circuit
2-3 shift solenoid electric
EVA \A Solenoid output circuit
TCCPWM SOlenoid Circuit

If anyone has any idea what could becausing this fuse to blow, or what they believe the problem is.
The only issues I see area slight idle shift, but thos is prob due to the fuse and the MAF problem...i have had service idle controol message appear 2 times but it goes away...I really need the help because Im a college kid without the money to just keep throwing money into it without know that ill fix the problem

Old 12-21-2019, 06:19 PM
Default 99 sts poping ign 1 fuse randomly

Originally Posted by ztevenz
I have a 1998 Cadi Seville sts, and I have 5 engine codes that appear after my ignition-1 fuse blows, i believe this is number 11 on the scimatic, it is a 10 amp fuse. The codes that appear are:

MAF Sensor circuit low frequency
1-2 shift solenoid circuit
2-3 shift solenoid electric
EVA \A Solenoid output circuit
TCCPWM SOlenoid Circuit

If anyone has any idea what could becausing this fuse to blow, or what they believe the problem is.
The only issues I see area slight idle shift, but thos is prob due to the fuse and the MAF problem...i have had service idle controol message appear 2 times but it goes away...I really need the help because Im a college kid without the money to just keep throwing money into it without know that ill fix the problem
Having this exact same issue in a 99 STS 4.6l Northstar , I realize this post is old just hoping there are some pointers or new information? , my biggest fear that its a harness short in the transmission, the issue pops ( fuse 11 IGN1,10 amp) , its random and can last many miles/kilometers or pop 10 times in a short distance, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? any help would be grateful , and I will post my finds when I find the issue even if I get no help here.

UPDATE , found the short ,in my case its a misplaced loom holder that was pulling tight against the engine lift attachment , the metal had chafed through the loom and wire, took me 15 min to find ,

Old 12-21-2019, 06:22 PM

IGN 1 short found fuse 11 10 amp