General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHICH FUSE IN THE FUSE BOX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Default WHICH FUSE IN THE FUSE BOX?

My perfect Cadillac Fleetwood (1986) just blew the interior dome light, electrical door locks and electrical outside mirror adustment JUST STOPPED WORKING. I've had my head under the steering wheel for about an hour and cannot locate the fuse that might be blown. ACCESS to the box is nearly impossible, therefore, I cannot read all the fuse labels. What an unfortunate and inconvenient place to hide a fuse box! My owners manual DOES NOT have a skematic layout labeling each fuse. Does this mean I'm headed for my Cadillac dealer repair shop for a nice, big electrical diagnostic bill? HELP![>:]

Old 03-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: WHICH FUSE IN THE FUSE BOX?

Hey Morin: According to my specs. the locks and courtesy light should be on the Body Fuse. It's a 20 amp. fuse that has the locks, courtesy light, door jamb switches, hope this helps.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: WHICH FUSE IN THE FUSE BOX?

we often have to work BLIND.

you need a fuse puller (< $5), use your fingers to place the puller and pull the fuses,
check and re-install or replace. place a big phone book to support your head and
avoid a neckache later. after you find the dead fuse, its time for a double martini ..

it sounds worse than it is. however, you be amazed what your finger tips will see.

lol

ORIGINAL: morin669

My perfect Cadillac Fleetwood (1986) just blew the interior dome light, electrical door locks and electrical outside mirror adustment JUST STOPPED WORKING. I've had my head under the steering wheel for about an hour and cannot locate the fuse that might be blown. ACCESS to the box is nearly impossible, therefore, I cannot read all the fuse labels. What an unfortunate and inconvenient place to hide a fuse box! My owners manual DOES NOT have a skematic layout labeling each fuse. Does this mean I'm headed for my Cadillac dealer repair shop for a nice, big electrical diagnostic bill? HELP![>:]