Cadillac PininFarina Allante A joint venture with Coachbuilder PininFarina to design and build the Cadillac two top convertible roadster of the 1980's.

93 dash digital instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 09:50 AM
Default 93 dash digital instrument cluster

First question is:
I have noticed the 93 instrument clusters do not have the gear indicator in them like previous model years. I really think it looks better with that on the screen, so wanted to ask if the previous year clusters would work on the 93 model year?

Second question:
When a cluster has very dim lighting, how easy is it to replace the lights? I'd like to get some very bright LEDs to really stand out on a sunny day, but I haven't cracked it open yet to see what's inside or even understand how difficult it will be to open up.

Thanks!

Old 03-31-2020, 01:53 PM

I'm relatively new to the forum, working my way through all the content. Crazy no one's helped you out yet, did you get it figured out?

Anyway, clusters are one of the least DIY parts of any vehicle and there isn't a whole lot of interchangeability. Everything is pretty specific to that model year, sometimes even the specific factory that VIN is coming out of. Changing lights is not too difficult, but if you're still considering actually swapping clusters I would give a pro a call and make sure everything checks out first. A lot of modifications and such are actually illegal.

I like dealing with the folks at https://www.instrumentclusterstore.c...t_clusters.htm because they'll actually figure everything out by the VIN and they're set up to actually clone your old cluster onto a new one without the dealer price tag.