General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1992 Seville Digital to Analog Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Default 1992 Seville Digital to Analog Cluster

I was wondering if anyone by chance has ever switched out a digital cluster to the "sts" version with analog speedometer and tach.

Is it a simple plug and play swap I wonder?

Thanks for any help!

-Doug

Old 01-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Cool digital to analog swap

Doug,

Did you ever get a answer to your cluster swap question? I have the same question. I can't see my cluster in the sun shine!

Old 01-05-2015, 07:24 PM

No, unfortunately not. I went to a Caddy dealer and looked at the schematics and think it will work but the "tach" wire might have to be run from the distributor to the cluster for the analog tach to work. The reason being that there IS a digital tach on the regular digital cluster if you flip through the "info" button on your current cluster. It reads off a different source(wire) than the analog though. The STS analog cluster has a separate wire on the cluster connector for tach. Evidently our cluster tach reads from a computer signal. That wire "could" already be run to the connector but I dont know, haven't looked.

I still want to give it a try but just haven't yet. When I do, I think I will make certain it "IS" a 1992 cluster from a Seville or Eldorado. I'm not sure if other years would work.

If you decide to give it a try please let me know back here, or if I do I will do the same. Thanks for responding .... know this thread is an old one but could be very useful to those wanting to do the same.