Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

2007 Power Running Board Issue. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Default 2007 Power Running Board Issue. Please help!

Hi,
I have had my 2007 Escalade for about 1 month now. I have put around 500 miles on it.

Ever since I got it the driver’s side running board has had issues. Periodically it will go down, but now up. I took it to the dealer and of course the said it was a blown fuse and they asked if had used the cig lighter since they are on the same fuse. My response was No; I have never used the cig lighter. I questioned the fuse theory since the passenger side has always worked.

Of course, after the first trip to the dealer the boards have quit working multiple times. However, they would always fold back up after time. They have a mind of their own and work when they want, still only the driver one giving me problems however the passenger side is seldom entered.

Back to the dealership, with the board in the down position. Service man drives it out of the bay shuts the door and the board goes up. I’ve never seen anything like it. I had shut and opened the door 50 times and it wouldn’t go up. Drove it a dozen times, never folded up.

So the dealer ordered a new motor. I am almost positive this isn’t the issue and it wont be the fix. I will know more tomorrow when the motor is installed. Has anyone run into a similar problem? If so what was the problem and how was it cured? I am in a smaller town with a smaller Cadillac dealership and I am afraid I am going to deal with this “mind of its own running board” for the life of the vehicle. Thanks.