Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

radio sound comes and goes

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Default radio sound comes and goes

I just got a 99 Deville last weekend and the radio will work great one day then the next day there will be no sound.The lighs on the radio indicates the it receiving signal and if I turn the volune up I can hear statcic. I disconnected batterry cables that worked for the ride to work but after work no sound again.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: radio sound comes and goes

I am no expert on radios but maybe your antenna connection is faulty. Poor reception would cause static. The antenna plugs into the back of the radio and then the coaxil cable goes to the power anntena in the trunk.Since it comes and goes could be loose at either end.

I know that with memory the settings for two drivers are often different with different volumes too. You also have the steering wheel controls for volume and tunning and the mute button, so lots of places for connections to get loose.

Try clearing the memory functions operated by the keyless remote and reprogam. That won't cost you anything but a few minutes.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 PM

Thanks Katzmans,I'll check that annenna plug this afternoon .how do I clear the keyless remote and repromgam it

Old 02-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

I really didn't mean to reprogram them, that's a pretty complex thing. Just try resetting them,. Turn off the radio or put it on a volume that works and get a good station dialed in, set your seat, mirrors fan speed etc then press SET listen for beep then press 1 on your door panel. Repeat for #2 same thing. Always adjust first, hit SET then hit the #1 or 2. There is a beep after each.