Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

possible tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Default possible tranny problems

So recently i've noticed my tranny ( i believe) slipping when i try to accelerate at anything but a grampa's pace. it's rather annoying even when it's just me in the car. The acceleration is not smooth at all and feels as if the torque converter keeps grabbing and releasing (but not completely) depending on how much power i attempt to put down and the more i press the pedal the worse it gets.

I dont wanna just assume it's a tranny problem because it could possibly be a fuel mixture problem having something to do with a poor mix under load but that seems much less likely as i have tried my best to isolate the two componets of ignition and transmition problems as much as i can think of..

Unfortunately i havent been all that happy with this car since i got it. Being a not-so-rich college student and accord or maxima is lookin pretty good right now. any suggestions on inexpensive things i could try to find and fix or temporarily alleviate the problem?

Old 01-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Default RE: possible tranny problems

how many miles are on our car? Has the transmission fluid ever been changed? This could be causing your slip. Fuel mixture problem could be you need a tune up, ie; new spark plugs, fuel filter, etc. hope this helps