Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

FLCaddytech, me again

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Default FLCaddytech, me again

I just noticed that when I turn off the engine and the radiator fans are slowing down, one of them during the final 10 revolutions or so is hitting something. Could something have gotten bent out of shape or could it have something to do with the aluminum pipe that runs just below the radiator hose. There apears to be a palstic retainer clip of some sort that looks broken. That clip is at the end of the aluminum pipe just before the silvery insulation begins. That's the fan that's on the driver side. Is this something that could have happened when the motor mount was repaired? I figure I'll ask you first. The dealer probably thinks I'm a pain in the a--. It wasn't doing this before I took it in. Thanks

Old 08-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: FLCaddytech, me again

The aluminum pipe i believe is the A/C suction line.
Could it be this, could it be that. Man, those are loaded questions.
It's really just getting in there and seeing whats hitting the fan.
The older ones(- 99) had to becareful of the tranny line hitting the drivers side fan, but the 00- fans are sheilded much better.

I don't pull the fans to do the front mount, but other techs might.
Sorry i really can't help on this one without taking a looksee myself.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Default RE: FLCaddytech, me again

Thanks anyway. I'll just keep looking and maybe something will show up. I'll also make sure I don't cut my fingers off when the fan is running. As long as it isn't hurting anything I might just put up with this one. The blades aren't hitting anything while they are running at they're normal speeds. By the way, Cadillac just called me with a satisfactory repair settlement. That was quick!!