Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

FLCaddytech, I fixed it!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Default FLCaddytech, I fixed it!!

The boot at the rack was off! I finally had a chance to get under the car and have a look. It took 3 trys to snap that boot in place. Of course by the second test drive I had to be careful not to burn myself. I think the heat helped me get it to sanp in place. I now have my quiet Caddy back. The only thing I hear now is that gentle Northstar roar. I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow. They told me on Wednesday that it was in place. Sometimes they make you feel like you don't know what your talking about! Thanks for your help.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: FLCaddytech, I fixed it!!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Job well done!
When you call the dealer just tell them to send you your weekly paycheck in the mail.
Its a another black eye for the auto repair industry when you spend your hard earned money and still have to crawl under your own car to fix it right.
I try my hardest to offset the neg feedback we mechanics get, but it's a never ending battle.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Default RE: FLCaddytech, I fixed it!!

Sometimes I think the dealership might push you guys alittle too much. The guys probably have a tendency to rush the job. Time is money. It' not the first time one or another of my cars have come back from service with something disconnected over the years. I remember way back when you took your car in and didn't have a ride home. You would stay all day at the dealership all day only to have them tell you everything is operating up to specs. At leat now they make sure you have a ride. Thanks again for all your feedback!