Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

02 deville door locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:24 PM

ok so we know u have no out put to the devices
and no its not normal the key cylinder is worn out as well as the key

ok if u follow this u need to get power to the release its
start with the fuse and check relays two pins should have power
aldl fuse controls k10 n10 and the body fuse controls h10 L10 all should have battery voltage
b3 and b4 in connector c2 at the rim should have power then the rim module provides the ground to get the relay to work which flips the switch in the relay and things should work

a quick test to check relays without removing them disconnect the rim module on connector c2 pin b3 if u ground it the fuel door should open if the ground on the door is good as well u can ground b4 and the trunk should open

so if b3 and b4 have no power we have to check the valet circuit as well as the relay

Last edited by gmtechs; 03-15-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 PM

Not to stop the process, but the car seems to be in a sort of theft mode to me. Would the worn key and cylinder have anything to do with that? I found a piece of papr in the glove box that says "number of starts until dead" and dashes nxt to it. Is there a certain number of times my car will start before totally disabling on antitheft?

I will be checking the fuses and contactors tomorrow as you outlined in the previous reply. thanks

Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 AM

maybe the owner was keeping track
theft can cause lots of crap to happen but
i have a question has there been an auto start added to this vehicle they general will set the theft into chaos if not done correctly
you r using the key with a chip in it not the valet key
you can bypass the security i am sure there is a section in here that tells u how to put a resistor in and where to put it

Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 AM

I looked under the dash. I didnt see anything. I will look more and take more panels off. I am using the key that has the caddy logo on it. I think the valet key says "valet" on it. I didnt get that one with the car. Plus the remotes were broken internally and no good. Can you tell me what resistor to use and where to put it please? I am pretty good with a soldering iron. Would the broken key cylinder cause this?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 AM

the problem is the resistor is in the key and u need to measure that

or u need to get to the module and find out which one is in the vehicle

Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 AM

my key is not like my 92' it doesnt seem to have a visible chip. it has the letters PK3 on it. Where is the module located?

Old 03-17-2011, 02:12 PM

ok its built right into the head of the key

can u set up the seats to program
what i am trying to find out is --- if its a good key or not
if u can program the seats everytime u put the key in the ignition it should return to that position

how many keys do u have???
the car takes 10 - 12 min to relearn itself but since this key starts the car u cannot reprogram the system that way u need to have a dealer or friend with a tech 2 to help u out.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:33 AM

I dont know if the car has programmable seats. There are not buttons on the door. Just the buttons on the side of the seats. I went to a caddy dealer yesterday. I spoke with the maint. manager. Cried about not having the money to send it into his shop. He went through the diag codes with me and found out there is a code "no RIM data" which he told me is no operation of that module. Dead. He wants me to recheck ground and power to that module. So I am back to a bad RIM module. I bought the key cylinder yesterday and another key. He said as long as I follow the tumbler instructions I can install it myself. The key programming was easy and took seconds. He did that for me. All these symptoms are the product of a bad RIM.

He told me the deville I have is not vehicle specific for the RIM module. No programming neccesary. He stated I should try salvage from lack of funds. I spent all night looking. Cant find anything. Does anyone know of a site or place I can get one? I priced the dealership part at $335. Thanks GMTECHS for all the help. I dont have or know anyone with a techtool. This guy was hlpful but beyond just stting in the car with me going over codes, I dont believe he will want to assist further without putting it through their shop.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:15 AM

Found parts on car-parts.com will post oem part # when I can. Dealer wants 335 plus tax. No local yards have it and the standard neighborhood parts stores don't carry it. I contacted bumper to bumper for a price. They can't get it but gave me the wholesale price dealers get it at. 215 bucks. So I am still on the hunt for a new one under 200. Anyone know a good source for caddy parts?

Old 03-19-2011, 04:10 PM

GMTECHS, where is the ground point for the rim module? I would like to check it before I purchase and install the new one. Plus which fuse number controls the power to the RIM module please?

Quick Reply: 02 deville door locks not working