Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Random messages upon starting

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 10:13 AM
Default Random messages upon starting

Wondering if anyone else has had these sorts of issues. My 2015 CTR 3.6 Premium regularly but inconsistently displays various messages or service warnings when I start the car. These messages include:

"Traction Control On" (I never turn the traction control on/off)

"WARNING, Taking your eyes off the road..." (on the center touch screen... with no related features such as nav in use)

Parking Brake indicator illuminated. (I never use the parking brake)... then when the transmission is shifted into gear the message is displayed "Parking Brake Released".

In addition the car has had several instances when service messages are displayed (ie. "Service Steering Column Lock", Service Driver Assist System", "Service Stabilitrack System") but these messages clear when the car is restarted and when taken to the service department there are no fault records in the system. Some of these issues have been identified after 3 or 4 trips to the service department. I've had to resort to cancelling my day in order to drive straight to the service department without turning the car of in order for the messages to still be displayed when I arrive there... and they still can't find anything wrong most of the time.

This has been the most disappointing car I have ever owned and because Cadillac can't find problems or cause them to occur during their test drives they wont acknowledge that the problems exist.

Has anyone else had such problems? What do you think it could be? Is the car safe considering the parking brake engages randomly?