Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

New 2009 CTS Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Default New 2009 CTS Wagon

My wife and I have decided to buy the new CTS wagon when it finally gets here. Some say that will be in the fall of 2009 and I read in a GM newsletter it could be as early as next spring. So why are they calling it a 2010 model?

Our 2002 Volvo wagon has high mileage and is pretty tired so we can't wait forever to replace it. Anybody out there have any educated guesses as to when it may arrive in the dealerships? Is it possible that GM's economic woes may delay it?

Old 11-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New 2009 CTS Wagon

ORIGINAL: NickScull

Is it possible that GM's economic woes may delay it?
I put a post on another thread. By fall 2009 GM will be history. In my opinion don't plan on buying a 2009 CTS Wagon in one years time because who will you buy it from? They are already on record as saying that can only meet payroll for Q1 2009 then no more cash. Of coursethe newPresidient may come along with another trillion dollar package and nationalize the auto industry just like the current president did withthe banking industry. Do you think a State owned auto industry will be supporting production of luxury cars like Cadillacs? Start thinking Lada's that's what the last state owned auto industry made and we all laughed at them. Shoes on the other foot now. [:'(]

Old 11-09-2008, 09:53 AM

You may very well be right about the situation. As I understand it, the government is considering a bailout of the auto industry with loans and the stipulation they build highly efficient cars with the money.

My alternative to the CTS Sport wagon is a BMW wagon for $18K more. I think Cadillac will do well with this model so I hope they don't kill it. I really want to buy American and this about the only car that meets my criteria.

As I see it, the automakers got fat and complacent selling millions of SUVs with an almost 40% markup, the best profit makers in their history. What's amazing is that the idiots who run Chrysler, Ford and GM were incapable of changing with the times and continued to build crappy cars even as they were losing millions of buyers to the Japanese. The CTS is one of the best American cars ever so is it useless to expect it will have a bright future? I certainly hope not!

Old 11-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

The problem goes back to the 70's, the big 3 never adjsuted to the foregin competion or changed thier thinking or management style. Even theUAW has a role in this, job entitlement and big benefits. I'll also add that every Americandriving a foreign car is a huge contributor to their own country's economic demise as well. Glad I have 5 GM's in my driveway, makes it easy to look myself in the mirror when my nieghbours and family members are losing their jobs. I finish by saying that GM makes a great product and the 5 I own are reliable and trouble free, the oldest is 35 years old. Combined my car's ***ulative age is 88 years. I don't see too many 5 year old foregin cars out there but for some reason people keep going back for another.