Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

May have fixed abs, brake assist, traction control, cam position sensor, gas pedal se

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Default May have fixed abs, brake assist, traction control, cam position sensor, gas pedal se

2008 cts4, brake assist, abs, traction control, engine momentarily stalling, engine stalling requiring restart, engine reduced power, cam position sensor codes.
I disconnected battery starting with the positive lead and then the negative lead. I then located the engine control module on the passenger side of the engine compartment. I removed the large multi pin plugs from the top, inspected them and reinstalled. I then reconnected the battery starting with the negative lead. I performed the throttle body/pedal relearn procedure by turning the ignition to on without starting the car and left it that way for 10 minutes. After switching the ignition off then I started it up and drove it on a test loop. None of the problems appeared. It's still a bit early but this is a good no cost thing to try. I think that over the 11 years since it's manufacturer, the multi plugs were never disturbed and possibly developed a film or thin layer of material that tends to randomly insulate the pin from it's plug. Sometimes only momentarily but that is all it may take to cause a problem. The act of unplugging and replugging reestablishes proper contact. I hope I have solved my problem.

Last edited by marcrinker; 06-22-2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Correct an error