Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

The Leak is fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Default The Leak is fixed!

or so they say....but they neglected to dry out the PAD and underside of the floors...I went back and they pulled the rear seat, wrung out the padding as best they could and reinstalled...

03 CTS, had a HUGE water problem from the A/C, NOT draining overboard, but draining under the carpet and some ducts not sealed, allowing all the condensate to fill up the rear passenger floor, under the carpet and bleed up through. I've owned it for a month, and I beleive the problem started with the last owner who had it for 9 months...

My question here is, has anyone had a water leak problem, gotten it resolved, and then developed any electrical issues as a result of water exposure to the wiring under the carpets? With power and heated seats, I'm a bit concerned that in the coming months, especially the NY winters, trouble could be brewing...

Thanks,

Old 08-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: The Leak is fixed!

ORIGINAL: RotorDoc

or so they say....but they neglected to dry out the PAD and underside of the floors...I went back and they pulled the rear seat, wrung out the padding as best they could and reinstalled...

03 CTS, had a HUGE water problem from the A/C, NOT draining overboard, but draining under the carpet and some ducts not sealed, allowing all the condensate to fill up the rear passenger floor, under the carpet and bleed up through. I've owned it for a month, and I beleive the problem started with the last owner who had it for 9 months...

My question here is, has anyone had a water leak problem, gotten it resolved, and then developed any electrical issues as a result of water exposure to the wiring under the carpets? With power and heated seats, I'm a bit concerned that in the coming months, especially the NY winters, trouble could be brewing...

Thanks,
i be more concerned with moisture, MOLD, and RUST. dry it as much as you
can and park it in full sun every day .. windows open as much as you can.
at home, put a fan on it, blown air in through one door, out the other.

dry it ASAP .. Moisture WILL oxidize the connectors if left long enough.

should you experience any electrical problems, go the FAQ section in this site
and read the E-Ghosts FAQ .. start cleaning and greasing per the instructions.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: The Leak is fixed!

hurry-up....you have 5 or 6 nice days coming your way..... sunny, and breezy,,,,,,,,, let the air flow...........alot................!!!!!!
rickyd