Cadillac ATS This new compact luxury sedan has been designed to take on the best of the luxury segment from around the world.

New car with paint damage on front bumper by Dealer before acceptance what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Default New car with paint damage on front bumper by Dealer before acceptance what to do?

Hey all,

So last night I went into the local dealer where we got our SRX from as they were having what I thought was a really good deal on a Silver Coast Luxury ATS with the 18" wheels, black interior, and cold weather package, a combo I was looking for as all their other sale cars had the titanium interior, however when I got to the dealer to look at the car I noticed that the front bumper right above the license plate mount was missing a nice bit of paint, right down to the black plastic...I pointed it out to the sales guy who assured me they could fix it, and I told them that I would expect this to get properly sorted out, but I signed for the car anyway and did all the financial stuff...

Wondering if I should have done something differently or if there is anything I should do to protect myself before accepting the vehicle, I have read that this kind of thing is supposedly common, cars getting damaged/repaired in transit or while stored at the dealer but didn't know what people suggest in these cases.

Thanks

Old 08-19-2014, 08:48 PM

Simple... do not sign the deal until it is fixed. If they refuse, walk away.

TS

Old 08-06-2016, 04:04 PM

Do not accept the car, walk away from it and look for another car. I had that problem with an Acura and the car was in the body shop for over a month. Did I say do not buy that car!!!

Ed