Cadillac ATS This new compact luxury sedan has been designed to take on the best of the luxury segment from around the world.

2014 ATS 8,700 miles, CUE Spider Cracks

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Default 2014 ATS 8,700 miles, CUE Spider Cracks

My 2014 ATS is always parked in the garage, however this day it was parked outdoors in 104 degree weather. When I got into the car I noticed the CUE screen had spider web cracks on the inside of the CUE. My ATS is in brand-new condition. The CUE was not struck whatsoever. I now have to take my ATS back to the dealer in Bakersfield knowing full well they will be accusing me of hitting the CUE which is not the case. The CUE is cracking inside starting from the left-top-bottom areas.

It appears to me when the CUE heats up on a super hot day combined with turning the car on with AC on auto, the AC vent adjacent to the CUE cools the inside of the CUE too quickly causing the inside to crack.

I just know I have a fight on my hands with the dealership now.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Certified Members

wait for the dealer to decline service before getting worked up for battle. Post what they say if they decline warranty service

Old 10-26-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by curtiss
My 2014 ATS is always parked in the garage, however this day it was parked outdoors in 104 degree weather. When I got into the car I noticed the CUE screen had spider web cracks on the inside of the CUE. My ATS is in brand-new condition. The CUE was not struck whatsoever. I now have to take my ATS back to the dealer in Bakersfield knowing full well they will be accusing me of hitting the CUE which is not the case. The CUE is cracking inside starting from the left-top-bottom areas.

It appears to me when the CUE heats up on a super hot day combined with turning the car on with AC on auto, the AC vent adjacent to the CUE cools the inside of the CUE too quickly causing the inside to crack.

I just know I have a fight on my hands with the dealership now.
My 2014 SRX CUE screen just randomly did this today!!! No impact or anything done to cause this! My warranty is up because 92000 miles on it... will Cadillac still fix this?

Old 10-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Tech Certified Members

It will depend on your relationship with dealer, the dealer, and Cadillac. You are 42k out of warranty, but you should be less than 48 months. Out of warranty adjustments vary from dealer to dealer. GM has rules and limits to what each dealer can do. I would not expect it to be free but talk to dealer if he says no call Cadillac customer assistance. Customer assistance can't override dealer, but case will go to GM rep who can aid in resolving your problem.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:34 PM

Just happened to my 2016 ATS and still being under warranty it appears they're covering it. Have an appointment Monday and adviser didn't mention anything about cost - just that she'd order me a new screen. Anyone have some great prevention methods? Windshield screen? Don't run the adjacent air vents?

Old 05-28-2018, 05:44 PM

The same thing happen to my CUE screen on 5/27/18 my 2013 Cadillac ATS. What was the outcome for you? am I **** out of luck?

Old 06-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Angry 2014 SRX CUE screen cracking

My 2014 SRX screen is cracking too. It started about 1 week ago and it’s getting progressively worse. I can barely see the screen prompts in the affected area. I called the dealer that sold me the SRX and they are avoiding the issue and not calling me back. I was appalled when I searched the internet and found this forum with already SIX pages of Cadillac customers dealing with the same problem but still no recall??? This is absurd! You would think with all the service they talk about something like this would be taken care of by GM. I’m in sales and have customers and upper management in my SRX daily. Everyone sees the screen and says, “What the heck happened to your screen?” I used to be proud of my vehicle and it’s now become embarrassing having to constantly explain that it’s a defective Cadillac screen. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thank you in advance.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:47 AM

My car was also sitting in the hot weather for several days when this happened. Has any one received help when your car is out of warranty?
Marjorie

Old 09-19-2018, 01:03 PM

Happened twice on my 2013 ATS. First time it was under warranty, 2 years later it happened again and it wasn't covered anymore. The most I have gotten a dealer to offer is $250 off the replacement, which still ends up being around $1300 if I remember correctly. I tried contacting the GM/Cadillac Customer Service directly and they told me it was completely at the discretion of the dealer on what they would or wouldn't do. I am disappointed especially since the car previously had the issue under warranty and the same thing happened again with the replacement.

I have started to watch videos on how to replace the digitizer glass, or touchscreen, whatever you want to call it and it seems feasible - I have done enough car work before where it doesn't scare me. The one thing I am concerned about is where to buy the digitizer glass from. Many places/people sell them and it can range $30-250 for the part. You don't replace the whole Cue unit, it is just the touch panel in front of it. I would prefer to not spend $250, but I don't know if there is actually a difference between the different price points. Has anyone out there done this job and where did you get your part from?

I really wish Cadillac would figure out a real fix for the issue but since everyone keeps reporting the same thing happening even on newer versions I don't think we are going to get them to replace it. Really is too bad cause I love the car otherwise. Makes me think twice about recommending one or upgrading to a new one myself.