Joke of The Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Allante Net Joke of The Day

Zal must have taken the long weekend to go somewhere where there is lots of cuervo or corona.

No need to send 50 bucks here, your presence is worth much more then that!

Z06 almost has 1000 miles within the first 3 weeks. Will take her to I-75 soon (not on a holiday weekend) and check her out. Then will be looking in to somewhere between 600 and 700 hp. Screw the warranty. Advised Fox that phots will be soon, I've been sidelined for about a week now but almost back to fully operational.

G.A.R.Y.

ps can history reapeat. Florida Marlins since their inception win the world series every five years (98 and 03). That would be this year. Possible?

Old 05-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Location: Canfield, Ohio (halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh)

Rumor has it that the Marlins get paid with every 3 wins, 3 HR, or three cases sold of Goji Juice Dyno Mite 'xplosion. So much for Yankee type payrolls. Could this be real, I'm routin' fora Florida team???!!!

Old 05-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

The Fl team to watch out for this year could be the return of the "U". They had great picks out of local high schools and I understand that they are now distributors for Tunguska Blast. They can't play any better but they don't get headaches anymore. There will be a link on their homesite for any fool who wants to join a pyramid club.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:00 AM

Well "sheiite" as they say in Texas. "Polar Springs" now sells "colored" water with vitamins added for a "buck a pop."

Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Well "sheiite" as they say in Texas. "Polar Springs" now sells "colored" water with vitamins added for a "buck a pop."
Ah, nothing like some good red dye #2.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Sent to me by e-mail by dues paying AN member. Cannot give his or her name out due topossible retaliation. This appears to be a post by admin.

A line has been drawn out in the open in cybersand.

We sit in the middle of a circle. Those outside this circle can be rude, offensive, obnoxious, and with the wonders of technology, vicious. Have you ever been sorry that you gave out your email? That the possibility exists that an unknown person can be helpful on the front end and petty on the other on any forum presents to an administrator a bit of a problem.

In many cultures man strove to be honorable. When I have nothing else to learn, then I will no longer pay my dues. Men here know about this special automobile from the 80s. Those that have shared from a lifetime of tribulations with it are due their respect. And respect has been given.

When I no longer wish to show signs of respect to those with whom I associate, then I have lost my honor.

No secret handshakes or silly hats are required. Some who brand themselves with dishonor when they are not very aware may never understand the need to apologize. Some may never be trusted again. The coming to the rescue of a large group of adults who are offended by self-appointments to ADAOTM guilt stick has been taken away and laid down.

Bill, are you voluntarily removing yourself from the Private ACA Member Area because you only desire Contributor status? Those who feel similarly can send me an email and I will oblige.

My apologies to "hammer" for voicing my suspicions, but your posting style is very similar to one of our past contributors. It was not meant to be public.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:20 AM

Copycatting is the sincerest form of flattery. Notice the "Allante Net" has just added a "pub."

By my count, there are at least 23 categories there now which used to be done by three for years.

A new list appeared this morning "for members only." I got curious about one labeled "Privacy" with a posting by "stealth" and "left clicked" only to be advised I was not entitled to use this section. I have "so far" never been a "non-member" so my guess that by the use of the present escalation of the imagination the site is becoming to big for some ones "britches."

I guess I am to darn "old fashioned" but the "Allante Net" site is now becoming something any Washington bureaucrat would be proud of!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 PM
jim
Default Joke of The Day

Five Surgeons are discussing the types of people they like to Operate[/align]

[blockquote]

on.[/align][/align]The first surgeon says: I like to see accountants on my operating Table[/align]because when open them up, everything inside is numbered.[/align][/align]The second responds: 'Yeah, but you should try Electricians! Everything[/align]inside them is color-coded.[/align][/align]The third surgeon says: 'No, I really think librarians are the best;[/align]Everything inside them is in alphabetical order.[/align][/align]The fourth surgeon chimes in: 'You know, I like construction Workers ...[/align]those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over.[/align][/align]But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed: 'You're all[/align]wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no[/align]heart, no *****, no brains and no spine . Plus, the head and the *** are[/align]interchangeable.[/align][/align][/align][/blockquote][/align]

[/align][/align]

Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator
Default A lesson in Posting

Some websites do well in traffic. are they better than others?

TRAFFIC: members or visitors stopping by generating hits.

==========================

A lesson in Posting

How many group posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as ****-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....