Eldorado Height Control

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 06:58 PM
Default Eldorado Height Control

Hello to all - just a quick post on my 1993 Eldorado Sport which has RSS . Had new Arnotts front passive shocks/struts installed using all new Monroe bushings and bearings and insulators etc, problem being it raised the front both sides about 30mm more than stock. We decided to take everything back out to see why, but there was nothing wrong with installation. So back in they went and back to 30mm to high. Read what I could find on the subject , but adjusting height seemed only posted for base Eldo's with 4.9 engine where they advise lengthening the sensor arm. The ETC and Sport with 4.6 Northstar and RSS suspension is actually easier to raise, take off the rear wheels and remove height sensor from ball sockets, then remove the top bracket attached to the shock tower (has only one 8mm bolt, and I then drilled a another hole 15mm further up the bracket which when reassembled lowers the bracket and the sensor when reattached. This simulates a load being placed in the boot (sorry trunk) and then the compressor allows extra air to compensate. Viola - the ride is now even once again.
May not be any help to anyone, but you just never know! All the very best cruising to all from New Zealand.