Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

global warning is a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: global warning is a problem?

fear and money.

scientists know where the grants will come from to pay their salaries. Dr. Patrick Michaels, a leading opponent to the global warming scaremongers, calls it the federal/science paradigm. He describes it this way: Tax $ = Grants = Positive Feedback Loop to Get more Grants.
Says Dr. Michaels, "What worker bee scientist is going to write a proposal saying that global warming is exaggerated and he doesn’t need the money? Certainly no one wanting advancement in the agency! There is no alternative to this process when paradigms compete with each other for finite funding." The only ones who can openly oppose the party line of the day are those who don’t need the grants or who have some other source of funding. There aren’t many.
The money is in catastrophic global warming because it’s being pushed by a political agenda that wants power. Power in Washington. Power on the international stage. Power over economic development. Power over international monetary decisions. Power over energy. In short, power over the motor of the world. It’s driven by literally thousands of large and small non-governmental organizations (NGOs) sanctioned by the United Nations, and implemented by a horde of bureaucrats, university academics and an ignorant but pliable news media.
Case in point. The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) used to publish the journal Science. Since 2000, it has published roughly 75 commentaries which have supported the idea that global warming is a serious problem requiring massive solutions. Now, the AAAS acts as a massive lobbying operation pushing this agenda. Taxpayers have now provided $20 billion into the scientific community for global warming work.
Moreover, Science and its British counterpart Nature won’t publish articles to the contrary of the agenda. If a scientist wants the prestige of being published, then he must carry the catastrophic global warming banner.
According to Dr. Michaels, this is how it works: "They take a little truth and distort it or study it into a lot of revenue for them. Them = Academia + Environmental non governmental organizations + private scientific fields + Government + all the associated public and private organizations supporting this shell."
Concludes Dr. Michaels in his landmark book, Meltdown, "This junk science works for the fish movement, smart growth, sustaining development, rapid transit, wet lands, critical areas, water rights, property rights, fossil fuels, logging, justifying huge government and environmental land wildlife corridor buy ups with public money, changing regulatory laws, changing high court opinions, escalating enforcement codes, on and on." It’s all thrown into the offering plate as the taxpayer sits in the pew of the Church of Global Warming.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

now, it is MY PLEASURE to present Al Gore
March 21, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo7rmajxxnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLW2T3QgJc0

Old 03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

"While environmentalists complain about the melting of the polar ice caps,
one group of Greenlanders is making the best of the situation.

An entrepreneurial company is turning the melted Arctic Island ICE into beer.

The first ever Inuit microbrewery is taking the fine, over 2,000 years old and pollutant-free water.
According to the brewers, the ale tastes cleaner and smoother than other beers.
The first 66,000 liters are on their way to Denmark, and the brewery says the
US and Germany have expressed interest in the product. This smooth beer
costs about five euros or $6.4 per half-litre bottle.
Denmark is reported as being the happiest nation in the world."

Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Thanks for posting this. I was up in the city yesterday and missed it and the media seems to be ignoring it. I had a pretty good idea that I had voted for the wrong guy in 2000 but it helps to know that it wasn't my fault for todays mess becausemy whole state went for the better man..
I would sure vote for this guy today and especially over the group that we will be given a choice.of.
I don't think there is any argument to the evidence now compiled and I'm glad I won't be here in 34 years to see if this guy is telling the truth.
I have to admit I was impressed with the movie that did such a remarkable job of putting all these facts together in such a startling manner. So much so that I have purchased a copy and have lent it to just about everyone I know.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default two seater convertible

gloval warming solved ....
100% dino fuel, no hybrid
100mpg, 0 to 60 in 15 sec

two-passenger convertible car by Jory Squibb

[IMG]local://upfiles/2893/4E84CFBD31FA4BB1BBC9340C8DA8262F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: two seater convertible

ok .. we finally got proof

[IMG]local://upfiles/3799/317AD6001FFB4B9D82C537BCFB2D8B8A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Certified Members

Now we have a fix ..

In a campaign that has spread like wildfire across the Internet, a group of Israeli environmentalists is encouraging Jews around the world to light at least one less candle this Hanukka to help the environment.

The founders of the ************** campaign found that every candle that burns completely produces 15 grams of carbon dioxide. If an estimated one million Israeli households light for eight days, they said, it would do significant damage to the atmosphere.

"The campaign calls for Jews around the world to save the last candle and save the planet, so we won't need another miracle," said ********, the campaign's cofounder, who runs the *** environmental consulting firm and the ***** environmental forum.

"Global warming is a milestone in human evolution that requires us to rethink how we live our lives, and one of the main paradigms of that is religion and how it fits into the current situation."

Old 12-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Certified Members

The 2008 Smart Fortwo Brabus Xclusive

the Brabus will scurry to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 9.9 seconds, while the top speed is electronically limited to 95 mph. Given its diminutive size, the sensation of speed is magnified and the Brabus feels just fast enough to induce a giggle.

On the European driving cycle, the Brabus gets 54.3 mpg

The price, in Germany $27,900 in coupe form and $32,100 in cabriolet guise.
the Brabus' is premium over the standard Smart Passion at $13,600 and the standard cabriolet at $16,600.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:45 AM

Isn't Penske establishing dealerships to peddle (figuratively) The "smart car" designed by mercedes and made in France shortly after the first of the year. Looks much like the Brabus andprices all models around $11,000.
And about those candles and carbon dioxide. My wife always keeps some "Yankee" candles in the kitchen to "wipe" away odors.
Don't really know the principal, only that it works on "sauerkraut."

Old 12-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Certified Members

I also hear candles work on tobacco, mary.j., flatulence, etc ...

Quick Reply: global warning is a problem?