Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

global warning is a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default global warning is a problem?

and you were worried about global warming?

NASA tracks objects at least 3,300 feet in diameter, that could wipe out most life on Earth, much like what is theorized to have happened to dinosaurs 65 million years ago.(NASA Photo)

"A killer asteroid whose target is Earth will likely go undetected because NASA doesn't have the funds to find it, media reported Tuesday. NASA officials say the space agency is capable of finding nearly all the asteroids that mightdestroy Earth, but the priceto find at least 90 percent of the 20,000 potentially hazardous asteroids and comets by 2020 would be about 1 billion U.S. dollars, according to a report NASA will release later this week. The report was previewed Monday at a Planetary Defense Conference in Washington. Congress in 2005 asked NASA to devise a plan to track most killer asteroids and propose how to deflect the potentially catastrophic ones. "We know what to do, we just don't have the money," said Simon "Pete" Worden, director of NASA's Ames Research Center. Theseasteroidsare a threat even if they don't hit Earth because if they explode while close enough -- an event caused by heating in both the rock and the atmosphere -- the devastation from the shockwaves is still immense. The explosion alone could have with the power of 100 million tons of dynamite, enough to devastate a state the size of Maryland. The agency is already keeping track of objectsat least about 1,100 meter in diameter that could wipe out most life on Earth, much like what is theorized to have happened to dinosaurs 65 million years ago. But even that search, which has located 769 asteroids and comets -- none of which is on course to hit Earth -- is behind schedule. It's supposed to be complete by the end of next year. NASA needs ................... "

Old 03-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: global warning is a problem?

Where's Bruce Willis when you need him? Hey Ben, can you leave mommy Jennifer Garner for a minute....

Old 03-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Why bother with NASA funds when about half the High Schools on earth are equipped to do the same thing and aside from thestudents are the thousands of astronomers constantly watching the heavens.
No way any thing sneaks up on us regardless of NASA's tactics.
And for the Al Gore haters I challange you to find a better compilation and presented statement of facts that has been done by anyone else on this earth.. Rent and watch his film it before the critismns. And remember, this guy has been concentrating on this possible calamity since he was in College and as a junior Congressman.
He's no "Johnny come lately" on the envireament bandwagon.
"The Shrub" however, has had his head in the sand since ? (how old is he?)

Old 03-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

well, what i was thinking was the waste of funds on the diapers
for all those insane lovers ... dont you agree ?

ORIGINAL: hyperion

Why bother with NASA funds when about half the High Schools on earth are equipped to do the same thing and aside from thestudents are the thousands of astronomers constantly watching the heavens.
No way any thing sneaks up on us regardless of NASA's tactics.
And for the Al Gore haters I challange you to find a better compilation and presented statement of facts that has been done by anyone else on this earth.. Rent and watch his film it before the critismns. And remember, this guy has been concentrating on this possible calamity since he was in College and as a junior Congressman.
He's no "Johnny come lately" on the envireament bandwagon.
"The Shrub" however, has had his head in the sand since ? (how old is he?)

Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 PM

Honestly, I didn't bother to read even one sentence of that cir***stance. Goes on in the business world constantly. Don't you ever watch any of the old "Law and Order's?"
Only thing that got that story off front page was Anna Nicole.
What's next?

Old 03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Britney Spears, rehab and to come suicide attemtps?

or

how about the
Fadhel Al-Maliki, a 35-year-old Iraqi national
that was stopped at LAX yesterday with the rectum wires and
misc objects in a flight to
Philadelphia ? During questioning,
Al-Maliki said the objects in his rectum were from another planet.

ORIGINAL: hyperion

What's next?

Old 03-08-2007, 11:28 AM

Hope they immersed him in the Pacific for a couple of hours just to "make sure!"

Old 03-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

My 2 cents on the envionment. After fishing in the everglades last week and the keys yesterday my kid and her kids (if she ever has any) don't have a lot to look forward to. Humans are pigs and destroy everything. The glades are a mess and the keys are being over built as I write this. Pissed off that one day I will be telling stories of what once was rather than showing where I used to play. Even dogs don't **** where they eat, humans do.

Sincerely,

Angry

Old 03-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

gotta tell you, this open borders policy and amnesty policy
problem of the past three decades is not getting any better.

BOTH parties are for
votes .. votes .. votes ..
give .. give .. give

the sytem is broken, badly ...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

did you hear about the autobahn ?

the German govt has buckled and to do their part in reducing global warming,
they are now implementing speed limits on the autobahn as a whole.

soon, no stretch of the road will be showing the usual "advisory limit" but
will show "mandatory limit"

Quick Reply: global warning is a problem?