Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A Cadillac DTS or STS-V ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A Cadillac DTS or STS-V ?

To get a real idea of it is for you, rent one for a week and see. The DTS Northstar will hang with your Hemi, if it's not a 425HP. Granted the V series will not be found as a rental, But if you like the basic car the bigger motor just a test drive should be enough.As far as I know DTS-V is not happening.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Certified Members

300cboy........ i have been around 300s from the start. nice looking! great ride! super gitty-ups! all in all, nice car......
also have been around Cadillac for years, and drive an sts...... imo, you just can't beat the GM

Cadillac, for '08 has really done their home work.... they are an exciting line for 2008, and have all the getty-ups you'll ever need.
as katz said "driving a Cadillac will change the way you drive, and getting there fast will be a disappointment" .........tho, if you need to, you will sure be able.....
to close, imo the 300 is somewhat trendy, where as the Cadillac is very traditional, yet very exciting! also, check resale / tradevalues on both. i think you'll see a difference.......... GO CADDY!
rickyd

by the way.....Welcome to the Forum.....good luck, hope to see ya round

Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Resale value. Actually was quite surprised to see the dodge charger hemi's resale value after 3 years was more then 50%.

Below is from KBB.com

You'll Like This Car If...

Whether you're looking for a sedan with a louder bark, a bigger bite or both, the 2008 Dodge Charger might quicken your pulse before you ever turn the key. The fact that underneath the Charger is a practical family sedan shouldn't spoil your fun.

You may not like this car if...

If HEMI horsepower and the resurrection of the Charger name have you hoping for overall performance on par with modern muscle coupes like the Ford Mustang GT or Pontiac GTO, you'll be disappointed.

What's New for 2008 [/align]The 2008 Dodge Charger receives a slight interior freshening, with more standard equipment added to the R/T model. Dodge has repositioned the cruise control stalk to the 4 o'clock position and SIRIUS Backseat TV becomes a new option. [/align]

Old 11-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: slowroll

To get a real idea of it is for you, rent one for a week and see. The DTS Northstar will hang with your Hemi, if it's not a 425HP. Granted the V series will not be found as a rental, But if you like the basic car the bigger motor just a test drive should be enough.As far as I know DTS-V is not happening.
In L.A. there quite a few outfits that rent muscle cars and super-cars, including Cobra, Vette, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.

Granted, is not your typical Hertz rental fleet, but certainly the extra-ordinary machines.
Although, you can rent a Shelby from Hertz.

I cant believe that it happens only in L.A.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:47 PM

Nothing like a Caddy - please - Chrysler is a wanna be. Love my new DTS but silly to have all that horsepower w/ front wheel drive. I floored it at a stop light and burnt rubber - on the front tires - sort of silly - but love the power on the road when I need it. STS-V and/or new CTS-V is the answer until 2011 when they cancell the DTS and bring in the new rear-drive flagship.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 AM

I have a 2006 300C and am trading it for a 2007 DTS. While I like the power of the Hemi, I shore don't like the way it sucks fuel! I only get @ 12mpg around town and I don't drive it hard at all (most of the time). The DTS isn't as powerful, but as someone else said, the DTS as a whole has a more refined driving experience. And as someone else pointed out, the resale value of the Chrysler is plummeting. My car only has 7500 miles and if I can sell it for $20K I'll be doing well.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hi I'm New To This Thread I'am A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A DTS

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

I have had a chance to spend some time driving the current hemi in a Ram 1500 and 300. No question that the hemi has more power. I am 6'2" and I feel jammed in the 300 and I don't like the greenhouse and sight lines. I also feel a bit juvenile driving around chirpping tires and smoking them inadvertently, is there such a concept as too much power for the street. If so the hemi is the candidate. In the rain the Ram 1500 is down right dangerous with that hemi.

As for the Cadillac, the definition of refinementand almost as powerful. Always comfortable and pleasureable to drive or ride in. Driving a Cadillac will change the way you drive and getting somewhere fast will actually be a disappointment. Having said that, you will have no trouble hitting the speed limiter and can rest assured that you've got at least 98 % of all cars covered at the stop light Grand Prix.
Katz,

to the highlighted question .. hmmm .. no !

In the rain, I park the rag tops, the Stang, the Caddies, etc .. the 4X4 is the one to drive !

Old 09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rgbjrbob

Nothing like a Caddy - please - Chrysler is a wanna be. Love my new DTS but silly to have all that horsepower w/ front wheel drive. I floored it at a stop light and burnt rubber - on the front tires - sort of silly - but love the power on the road when I need it. STS-V and/or new CTS-V is the answer until 2011 when they cancel the DTS and bring in the new rear-drive flagship.
you dont have traction control ?

Old 09-20-2008, 01:58 AM

I just traded my 06 300C for an 07 DTS Performance. (with only 788 miles on it!) I will take the Cadillac any day. If you want to do stop light drag races, get a Chrysler or Dodge. If you want refinement, comfort, an incredible ride, superior fuel economy, features, better quality, and of course, the Cadillac name prestige...well, Cadillac is the only choice. I would choose it over a Mercedes or a Lexus. Just as nice, less $$$. FWD? I thought about that - a lot. I consider myself a car buff, and most self-respecting car buffs will always choose a car with RWD. But I don't do burn-outs anymore (as much) and frankly the overall comfort and the whole refined package of a DTS far outweighs any concerns about FWD. BTW, even with the 4.6L HO, torque steer is very minimal. I was pleasantly surprised.
So, if you're considering a 300 vs. a DTS, for me at least, it's a no-brainer. The Cadillac is superior in many ways. Check one out.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:09 AM

One other thing I forgot to mention, and this is a biggie: the 300 on the freeway requires constant steering correction. It's as if the front and rear suspensions don't communicate! No, it's not tire pressure. It's design. And it's very annoying! Drive one on the freeway if you're hell-bent on one. It may change your mind. The DTS does not suffer from this, thankfully!

Quick Reply: A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A Cadillac DTS or STS-V ?