Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A Cadillac DTS or STS-V ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Default A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A Cadillac DTS or STS-V ?

Hey I'm new to this site I usually go to 300cforums.com because I am a 300c owner, and my 300c is having some issues and so I am thinking of getting a 08 DTS???? I have a very good friend who has one and he loves it so I am thinking of getting one soon but I shure love my HEMI and I hear the northstar does not goes as fast as the hemi does??? So what do you all think I should do??? Sorry for the bad spelling I just type way too fast I went to chicago last month and rented an 08 DTS and it was very nice so?????? Peace Out

===============

Moderator edit:
Title

Old 11-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Hi I'm New To This Thread I'am A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A DTS

If the DTS is not fast enough for you, there is always the DTS-V .... 300c, move over !

Old 11-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hi I'm New To This Thread I'am A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A DTS

As long as the dts is front wheel, I don't think it will ever have a v designation.
someone correct me if I am wrong.

Having said that, the dts has 275 hp. The 300 is not in the same class as the dts. The dts is pure luxury, no sport, but it is peppy.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

I have had a chance to spend some time driving the current hemi in a Ram 1500 and 300. No question that the hemi has more power. I am 6'2" and I feel jammed in the 300 and I don't like the greenhouse and sight lines. I also feel a bit juvenile driving around chirpping tires and smoking them inadvertently, is there such a concept as too much power for the street. If so the hemi is the candidate. In the rain the Ram 1500 is down right dangerous with that hemi.

As for the Cadillac, the definition of refinementand almost as powerful. Always comfortable and pleasureable to drive or ride in. Driving a Cadillac will change the way you drive and getting somewhere fast will actually be a disappointment. Having said that, you will have no trouble hitting the speed limiter and can rest assured that you've got at least 98 % of all cars covered at the stop light Grand Prix.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe they meant STS-V ?

Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Stealth

Maybe they meant STS-V ?

I'm sure.

The sts v should blow away the 300 and it's a sharper looking car. don't know how the insides compare between the two. If only for the resale value I would stay away from Chrysler.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A Cadillac DTS or STS-V ?

There you have it.

If you liked the DTS, you gonna melt with the STS-V ...
You did want
ponies, right?
luxury right?
prestige right?

Old 11-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A Cadillac DTS or STS-V ?

As an aside to this topic I have a short story that happened today. A friend of mine is the leading salesman at a local lexus dealer. There is no questioning the car's quality and resale value along with several inovations. This guy lives and breaths lexus.

I was on the phone with him today and he told me he sat in the 08 cts. It blew him away. He told me (as far as looks) that there is no comparison to the interior of the new cts and the es lexus. I was really shocked to hear that from this guy.

Anyway the new cts seems to impressing the right people.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Certified Members

IF he liked that, ask that he drive a CTS-V AWD

Old 11-20-2007, 07:21 PM

My Experience with Cadillac. Stick with Dodge. Go to the Dodge Charger with the Police Package. It will kick Cadillacs ***.

Quick Reply: A Chrysler 300c owner Thinking of Getting A Cadillac DTS or STS-V ?