Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Soon To be...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Default Soon To be... err... now a NEW CTS OWNER!

*Edit- I bought a car yesterday, so see post 3*

I'm not a cadillac owner yet- but I will be soon. Have cash in hand, just been looking for about 5 months for the specific car.

I race Corvettes, and have 5 other GM vehicles at home, as well as a BMW e90 Msport. Looking for another DD, and finally chose a 2nd gen CTS.

I'm being really picky though- I will only buy a manual transmission, and prefer the 3.6L DI motor. Would love to find the performance package with the manual and 3.6L DI.

If I can find it- I'll buy it- but finding it has been tricky. I've been looking all across the nation and have not been able to find one. May have to settle for the 3.0 or the 3.6VVT.

I look forward to getting to know many of you!

Last edited by arachnyd; 09-20-2013 at 06:14 AM. Reason: I bought the car!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 PM

When I bought my 2002 Cadillac Deville in January, I did the same thing. I looked around, test-drove, researched, etc. Actually, I looked at the Deville in November. After constantly looking around the area, went back to the dealer to buy mine. It is a gorgeous car!

TS

Old 09-20-2013, 06:13 AM

Great news. Right when I posted this I decided I was going to five up and settle for a 3.6L non-DI.

Then- from nowhere- three miles from my house, popped up one of what I estimated to be 66 cars in the entire nation that fit exactly what I want, not a single compromise, in perfect condition. Fully loaded with every option but- the auto tranny, so its a manual, DI with performance package, luxury packages, and direct injection V6, with rainsense wipers and bluetooth in black on black without so much as a scratch or dent, with every single receipt from all the work done right at the dealer. I'm a happy happy happy happy guy!

Look forward to spending more time with y'alls!