Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Security system disabled service fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 07:11 PM
Default Security system disabled service fuel system

Hey guys new to forum I’ve search the threads and have not found this particular problem. Drove my 1997 Cadillac Deville to a friends hose, when I went to leave my car was dead noting except flashing security on digital dash but nothing else displayed. A buddy there said it was two little wires in the ignition lock broken. I bought a new lock and had a new VAT key made at the locks smiths. Installed it and no change still nothing after some research I determined it was the BCM I ordered a new one from parts house it arrived and I installed it everything then powered up had digital dash back car went in to security mode with the usual message about remove key and waiting 3 minutes I went through this 3 time then the car would crank but not start. When I released the key to return to run position the dash is informed me Theft detection was set car may not start then service fuel system. On an off chance I took the key back to locksmith and had it checked against my original key and they had given me the wrong key a number 14 instead of a number 2 so they cut me the correct key at no charge. I used the new key and no change. So I’m at a loss on where to go from here I even got a second BCM from the parts house and no change same message. HELP
thanks