Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Default New Member

Hey everybody, I am new here and am hoping to learn a lot from everybody. I have a white diamond 1990 STS which I bought from the original owner about two years ago. It is totally stock, but I am planning to do a few modifications as time and money permits. Some things I am planning to do are switch the stock clearcoated rims for chrome 93 Allante rims, mod the exhaust system, and eventually swap out the pushrod 4.5 for a Northstar. I am getting started with the exhaust today, so I was hoping there were some people on here who could give me some help with that. It is the transversely mounted muffler with dual exhausts out each side. It looks like a Flowmaster 80 series Cross Flow will fit in and line up with the stock pipes. Has anybody ever done this type of thing before? I am planning to order this muffler soon but would like to find out if anybody has tried this and how their results were. I look forward to hearing from you guys!
Steve

Old 07-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Member

i have seen pleny of swaps from the 4xxx engines to the NorthStar, various car models,
but i have yet to hear one happy ending - not that there isnt, just havent heard one.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Yeah, it's going to be tricky to do, but i'm looking forward to the experiment. I figure that if they were installing the pushrod engine in the same cars they used northstars in up to 95ish, it should fit and line up okay.
Steve

Old 07-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

should you decide to make it a go, let me know and i will take this thread to a special spot and
you can show us the progress of your work. should you succeed, you will be remembered in
the pages of this site.

maybe we can get the TECHs in the site to help along the way? cant promise, but .. we can ask.

i like both people that are not afraid to try as well as those that succeed.

check out the thread < N* > and reply #9

https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_10123/tm.htm

Old 07-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Just curious, why 93 allante rims? Harder to find and you can get a set of chrome deville take offs probably pretty cheap from the dealer. I sold my 93 allante wheels, I knew I would never put them back on the car and they are not going to appreciate in value IMO. Anyway for your great lookin car I thinki you could do better on the wheels, IMHO.
Good luck with your project, I will be following your progress with great interest.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:09 PM

I guess they don't necessarily have to be the 93 Allante ones, basically just rims the same as mine only chromed. I want the car to appear totally stock, so the 16 inch chrome ones used on the 92-94 STS ETC and 93 Allante seem like the best bet. I hope to get started with the engine project as soon as I can, but I can't take the engine out until I get enough money becuase then I'd have no every day ride! I'm also spending a ton of time taking measurements/clearances down from a burned 94 deville at the local yard.Name:  custom91.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  68.3 KB
Steve