Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

my new cadillac

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Default my new cadillac

my new cadillac is a 1979 Seville. It's going to be my project car, since I'd like to make it a true sleeper. Mostly, however, for a great freeway cruiser, street cruiser. This is going to be a change for me though, since I am used to tuners that ride like go-karts. My previous car was an 02 Subaru WRX that could handle roughly 1.5 G's around corners....

The big difference for me though will be having a true engine. The Boxer-4 is a strong, torque-ee engine. However, there is nothing like a V-8. So, the new car for me, given to my dad and I is a Cadillac Seville, 1979. I'll be posting updates hopefully as I go.

Since Cadillac is new for me, and not the usual build, if anyone can point me in the direction of websites for parts, performance upgrades, etc. I need to start gathering the info quickly.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Certified Members

all sorts of good stuff you can get into on the forum.... look around....and for the second time welcome.... hey send us some pics of the '79. hows she run? hows she look?
rickyd

Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by freewaycruiser
my new cadillac is a 1979 Seville. It's going to be my project car, since I'd like to make it a true sleeper. Mostly, however, for a great freeway cruiser, street cruiser. This is going to be a change for me though, since I am used to tuners that ride like go-karts. My previous car was an 02 Subaru WRX that could handle roughly 1.5 G's around corners....

The big difference for me though will be having a true engine. The Boxer-4 is a strong, torque-ee engine. However, there is nothing like a V-8. So, the new car for me, given to my dad and I is a Cadillac Seville, 1979. I'll be posting updates hopefully as I go.

Since Cadillac is new for me, and not the usual build, if anyone can point me in the direction of websites for parts, performance upgrades, etc. I need to start gathering the info quickly.

A couple of cars in this site have done what you want to do.
take a look and see what they did.
specially the suspension.