General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 09:36 PM
Default Wiring help?

Hello fellow Allante owners,

I am the new owner of a neglected, used, and abused 1993 Cadillac Allante. I will admit I am getting a “real education” working on this car. Changing out pulled down motors and switches, replacing window regulators, having driver’s main power window switch rebuilt, cleaning carpet, and so on. But I have run into a problem that has me baffled! Under the driver’s side dash just left of the steering column I have a large plug with a lot of wires coming out of it. The problem is I have four wires that are cut off just outside this plug. I have spent hours looking at wiring diagrams and repair manuals but I have yet to figure out where these four wires went. One of the previous owners cut the wires and removed whatever they were hooked up to.

I have a Tan wire, a Yellow wire, a White/Black wire, and a Green/White wire. Please see attached picture.

What is missing???

I will be ever so thankful if someone can point me in the right direction as far as what component has been removed from this car.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me….Steve Law, the proud new owner.