General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk is not opening

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Default Trunk is not opening

hi, just bought 02 deville and it was hit on the rear passenger side, im trying to get the trunk open w/out breaking anything. I tried every possible way to open it (even took back seats out and pulled the escape lever, witch snapped haha my luck) anyway i wouldnt care about a trunk but my air ride needs to be replaced, so i have to get into it. any 1 have any ideas what i could do/try without snapping the lock? the trunk is a little crooked, but not enouph where i think it wouldnt open...i could upload pics if that would help. thanks alot i appreciate any info given

Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 AM

Is the valet lock in the glove box on?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Certified Members

Can you get to the hinge bolts from the back seat area? Might try removing the bolts, and see if that will release the pressure that is keeping the lid down. It doesn't take much sheet metal tweaking to bind the latch up...

Pics might help, too

Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2001_Seville_SLS
Is the valet lock in the glove box on?
no its not i looked at that first thing...

Old 06-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Adams' Apple
Can you get to the hinge bolts from the back seat area? Might try removing the bolts, and see if that will release the pressure that is keeping the lid down. It doesn't take much sheet metal tweaking to bind the latch up...

Pics might help, too
thats what im trying to do now, i took back seat out but they only give you this little hole about 1ftx1ft area so its kinda hard to get back there, it seems like the mechanism is broke, not stuck, because when i hit the trunk release button you can hear it clicking where the relay is in back seat...so i dunno thanks for ur help bud i appreciate it, ill go take pics and upload them later

Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM

nevermind man i got it had to take apart all the plastic behind the back seat and crawled threw haha, the whole locking mechinism is completley broke and was scattered around my trunk. the dude i bought it from failed to tell me that he broke it in 10 pieces, so i just unbolted the lock from the trunk and it popped open....thanks for your help man