General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2010 SRX Navigation System Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Exclamation 2010 SRX Navigation System Trouble

Hello all, I am having a hard time getting SRX navigation system to retain any of its settings. I am pretty tech savy and that is one of the reasons i really liked the navigation system in the SRX, but I am actually stumped by this and figure it is either a system glitch are something extremely simple that i am stupidly overlooking. For example:

The Destinations, although entered per manual, will not remained saved after i have left the vehicle for a short period of time.

Navigation preferences, like "avoid freeways" will not stay unchecked

Rear camera guidelines will not kept active. However setting the mirrors to turn down on reverse will.

These are just a few of the issues. The system seems to have no rhyme or reason to what settings it chooses to keep.

Although the car is new, Its almost as if the navigation system would be set as if it were a rental, not saving certain information.

can anyone please help me? Thanks so much.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:54 AM

The CTS sedan has been a great success for Cadillac, garnering much praise from the automotive media. So it's no wonder that the 2010 Cadillac SRX leans heavily on the same cabin tech and bold design features that made the CTS so popular. In many ways, the new SRX looks like the CTS on stilts.
When this small SUV arrived in our garage, we were pleased to find cabin tech similar to what we liked so much in the CTS. There was the same LCD that partially stows itself in the dash, leaving a strip visible to show audio information. There was the hard-drive-based navigation system with traffic. The car even comes with the record button that saves radio broadcasts, essentially it works like TiVo for radio.