General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techs helping an all sorts of issues !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Exclamation oil pressure low.. Stop engine!!!!

2000 Cadillac deville, started giving the warning message oil pressure low , stop engine ,around a week ago. i put oil in it and message went away. Drove it the other day it started saying it again.. Went to pull over on side of rode , as i tried to turn off, power steering and brakes went out. Emmidiatly turned car off and tried to restart, onlt to here loud clanking/knocking noise. Did some emergeny **** down happen to keep me from blowing up my engine, or did I drive it too long causing engine to seize up and creating myself a lovely caddy boat anchor???

Old 10-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Banned

Nice to know about the Techs helping system,its very helpful for all teh people from an automotive point of vies.Their products are also very awesome and of good quality.I like it.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Default 97 seville SLS- radio wont turn off after removing key/ opening door

i have a 1997 seville that was my grandpa's. flawless car, he took meticulous care of this car. garage kept since new, new shocks, new struts, new tires, brakes all the way around. a real cream puff. 118k miles, you get the idea.

so i have this car a week, and little stupid things start to happen. one issue in particular is so stupid, yet so critical- normally, when the car is turned off the radio and windows will remain functional until the drivers door is opened, then all turns off. went to the car wash one day, and now for some reason the radio stays on, at all times. i pulled the fuse for a temporary fix until i could troubleshoot the issue, but i lose window power doing that. the power antenna stopped working before this happened, however the motor kept working, it feels like some of the teeth broke off inside the wand, perhaps causing some confusion? i am clueless. i was also thinking maybe the swich on the striker inside the door may have failed? is there any way to test these things? any input is much appreciated!