General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

TCS/ABS lights on when turn signal flicked?!?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Default TCS/ABS lights on when turn signal flicked?!?

I have an odd electrical problem on my 1996 Seville SLS I need help troubleshooting. When I flick the turn signal stalk, the turn signals do not work (no iluumination at all, neither solid nor fast flashing), the ABS/TCS light illuminate, and I set a P0717 (trans ISS code). This ALL happens at once when I flick the stalk. Other times, if I don't flick the turn signal stalk, I can drive fine without EBTCM codes and trans codes.

This is really driving me nuts because the P0717 drops you out of OD, and the ABC/TCS lights (P1602 - loss of serial comm w/ EBTCM),causes 2nd gear only starts. How in the world this is related to the turn signals I can't figure out.

I have replaced all bad light bulbs associated w/ turn signals. I have replaced the turn signal flasher (and I know it works anyways b/c it works sometimes). I even put in a brand new battery and dremel cleaned by battery contacts.

Is there some connector somewhere that has all 3 of these systems going though the same connector?!? (maybe its loose?!) I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Please help!

Thanks,
Jacob