General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid question from new guy

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Default Stupid question from new guy

I almost hate to ask this question, but my 05 STS says No Traffic when I first start it up. Now, I'm thinking that means on the radio, but that still doesn't make sense, because it would seem it would say no signal. So, what does No Traffic mean, because God knows it isn't talking about the actually road, and if it is, the person who came up with that needs to be fired.

Like I said, stupid question.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default 2005 Cadillac STS message "No Traffic"

ORIGINAL: natex14

I almost hate to ask this question, but my 05 STS says No Traffic when I first start it up. Now, I'm thinking that means on the radio, but that still doesn't make sense, because it would seem it would say no signal. So, what does No Traffic mean, because God knows it isn't talking about the actually road, and if it is, the person who came up with that needs to be fired.

Like I said, stupid question.
hell no, i like this question, but dont have an answer.

Maybe that means that your STS can fly?
I heard that phrase in airport communications.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Default RE: 2005 Cadillac STS message "No Traffic"

I hadn't thought of that, but the next time my wife makes me mad, I will have her test it off a cliff, and get back to you.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 2005 Cadillac STS message "No Traffic"

Read owners manual.
Some RDS broadcasters may carry traffic information programming to inform you of current traffic conditions in your listening area and is indicated by the TA icon in the radio display. RDS enables the broadcaster to get this information to you even when you are listening to a tape or compact disc. This feature can be enabled or disabled by the listener. Press the TA button to find a station that claims to carry traffic information. You may do this even when playing a cassette tape or compact disc. This action will operate in the background without interrupting the current playback. If the radio is not currently tuned to an RDS traffic station, the radio will immediately SEEK an RDS traffic station. If the radio finds an RDS traffic station, TA will appear in the radio display. If the radio cannot find an RDS traffic station after searching through the entire FM band, the radio will display NO TRAFFIC STATION FOUND.