Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Stupid dash lights.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Default Stupid dash lights.....

So since I got my Seville, it has not had dash lights. Its kinda lame, considering I cannot see the climate controls and radio controls...I got my info center showing me my speed at least. So I went through both fuse blocks with my tester, and could not find one blown fuse. Next I asked the previous owner who said that the lights worked until the day his remote fob would not work. He said he got a code/message related to dead battery in the fob, and the lights were out every since. I cleared the code after replacing the battery in the fob, to no avail. Still no dice.

The symptoms:

The interior lights will not come on when the door is opened, night or day.
The interior lights will come on with the **** in the dash, and when I unlock the car.
No dash lights are coming on for gauges, or controls at night no matter what setting the headlight **** is at...and no amount of wiggle helps...
Twilight setting has no affect on anything I can tell. The flat glass "eye" in the dash looks to be cracked, but the little dome guy still looks intact.

I looked and looked through threads for like a week, and still have not gotten to the bottom of this. Ideas anyone? I plan to replace the 2 "eyes" in the dash to see what happens. I really hate not having dash lights....

Old 06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Certified Members

stupid dash lights.........i guess they aren't called idiot lights for nothing....... what year is the seville, please?

rickyd

Old 06-07-2009, 07:32 AM

Its a 1997 SLS. I have checked both fuse boxes, and wiring under the dash that I could easily get to....to make sure nothing was fubar in there. I'm getting used to not having them now. It stinks.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM

I have the same problem with my el dorado right now...we've checked all the fuses as well...we think its loose wires (curtousy of my subs) behind the dash....we just havent had the time to get back there yet...its a pain in the @$$ to get behind the dash in the eldo