General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Replacing Power Window Component on 91 Deville

Old 04-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Default Replacing Power Window Component on 91 Deville

The passenger side window mechanism broke. I found the part, and bought a new one. The piece that broke was the little white plastic part which slides back and forth on the bottom of the glass, and is connected to a little ball which is connected to the ribbon to raise and lower the window... I hope you understand what I"m talking about...

I'm trying to pull the unit, which was connected to the part that broke. The rail, has the ribbon laying against it, and the part I need to somehow replace is connected to the ribbon, and rides the rail.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I NEEEEEED to fix this... sold the car and now am having this crap to deal with

Thank you
Alex Anderson

Old 04-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Replacing Power Window Component on 91 Deville

Hey White: Caddies are fun aren't they. Have had my doors apart to align and lube the window mechanism and have a good idea of what your going through. First you have to make sure you tape the glass to up to the top door frame of the door. Duct tape will hold it. Then you don't have the weight of the glass to contend with. Disconnect harness at the motor, the front door has locating dimples in the inner panel to locate the motor to regualtor attaching bolts. Using a 3/4" hole saw drill the three holes at locting dimples. Remove the motor attaching bolts, disconnect wire connector and remove motor through access hole. Hope this helps your cause.