General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! fighing GM for damage from parts recalled on 98 Catera

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Question Help!! fighing GM for damage from parts recalled on 98 Catera

Originally Posted by buckeye
For the past 30+ years, my family have been proud owners of 6 Cadillacs. All have been put thru the toughest elements - Montana - that is, eastern Montana. Mud (gumbo), snow, -40F, hot summers (100+F) and all ran like a gem. Every Caddy our family owned, we didn't trade or sell them until they reached 250-450k miles. I became the proud owner of a 2004 Cadillac SRX, making a new addition to the Whitmer Caddy Family. Other than a few hiccups here and there (roof - towards the rear hatch kept denting as soon as the hatch would open), I couldn't be more happier. But as I was driving to the dealership for its 100k mile maintenance checkup. About 10 miles before arriving at the dealership, my check engine coolant light comes on (coolant was full 2 days prior), then the light goes off. I pull over...coolant ok. As the miles add on - mileage clicks exactly 98,000 miles and every alarm you can imagine goes off and lights come on....check engine, hot engine, idle engine, turn A/C off (it never was on), thermostat goes crazy, engine overheat. Thank god Jiffy Lube was 1000ft away....they pop the hood - coolant everywhere (coolant is clearly empty), radiator fluid all over the undercarriage. Jiffy Lube changes the oil, and adds new coolant. They are confused as well...they could totally see that there was plenty of coolant (still wet inside). I call the dealership - they say 'we'll wait for you'...good deal. Limp my baby the 10miles to the dealership.

I make the nerve wracking phone call to my service advisor (who is awesome)....bad news, no good news. Your engine block is cracked....what???!?!!!?!!! The only way we could tell is by pressurizing the system, which led to fluid running out. How bad is the crack? 2-3" hairline crack. I continue to ask Cliff - how are the heads, valves, pistons, oil, etc etc. Everything else looks fine, but the engine block is the problem. Ugghhh..... What are my options? New engine - $11,000 or we have a used engine that was in a car accident (roll over) with 1900 miles and a cracked valve cover (we'll just take your valve cover off and put on used engine) - $6900

By this time, I am almost in tears...there is no way I have 6900 or 11000 sitting in the kitty. Are there any payment options? No, we have to have the money up front. Uggghhh.... Last question - Do you think that this could be a manufacturing defect in the casting of the block? Yes, it is a possibility. Okay, well let me think about this. Not a problem.

Make a phone call to the dealership where I purchased my car brand new in ATL (Heritage Cadillac) and they immediately tell me 'defect'. Make another call to my old sales rep who is now at Capitol Cadillac and Brad says the same thing 'defect'. His response was simple - for a Northstar Engine to crack under 100,000 miles is not right. The guts are supposed to go before the block - aka the heads, valves, etc etc. Brad is very sympathetic and proceeds to give me the Cadillac Number to file a complaint.

Complaint is filed and not only does the customer service rep says, 'we are putting this on emergency case, because we find it very odd the engine block would crack' I call the next day, and get another customer service rep & another one after that. Jore' says he's been in touch with the dealership and will call me back between 6-8pm EST. Great. Give him all of my numbers. Gives me positive feedback in that there's a good chance of having some assistance on the matter at hand. Wonderful... To my dismay, no phone call, nothing. I call again the next day, Jore' is not there...I leave a message. No call yet. My dealership says they have called several times & just reached voicemail as well. I call again....no one there. Final call...Jore' answers. Apologies profusely and proceeds to tell me, that he's out of the office at 730pm EST. Then why do you tell me that you'll call between specified hours and it doesnt happen? Silence. Aske Jore' status on getting this matter taken care of. Due to the high mileage and you are 48,000 past warranty, we can only give you a $3000 customer loyalty certificate towards the purchase of a 'new' cadillac. This offer cannot be used with any other offers, trade-ins, etc etc. What??!!!! He also informs me, I should have purchased the additional warranty. 'I purchased a Cadillac based on their reputation for quality and customer service. I did not purchase and spend $59,000 (in cash) for an automobile to crater under 100,000 miles.' I'm sorry, but this is all we can do for you. I will temporarily close this case as customer dissatisfied. You bet Im dissatisfied. Asked Jore' about why everyone has said this is a defective engine block and why aren't the engineers and research and development at Cadillac at all interested in taking a look at what possibly happened? Im sorry, but I can't do anything further. Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With no money to fork out to Cadillac, I contact Mercedes Benz and give them a scenario...2 dealerships say, with out a doubt, they would take the engine out, give me a new one, no questions asked. If that is unsatisfactory, will swap out the car for a different one of the same value. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. They were extremely disappointed with Cadillac.... So am I.

Who's fitting the bill? My parents....$6900. With the new used engine, the PacNorWest Regional Manager is only giving a 1yr warranty. So does this mean, at end of the year, that this could very well happen again? Well, we can't give you a 100,000 mile warranty on the used engine, because it is used. I'm sorry. Ridiculous.

My car will be done on Friday and I will never, ever buy another GM product ever again. Poor customer service and not standing behind their name - Quality...we'll stand behind our product. B.S. My next car for sure will not be a Cadillac or GM. I'm sure Peter Sharpe has no idea these things are transpiring before his eyes.

Extremely disappointed..........
Your not alone!!! I will never buy another Caddy let alone any GM product. I have spent the last 3 days going from bad to worse. I too have grown up with Cadillac in my family since 1956 and always believed they were the best of American made cars on the road. Ok her's my tale of woe. Since purchasing this piece of junk made and priced under the Cadillac label New in the end of the year cycle of the 98's in 99 it has been nothing but a headache. OK so I won't go into all the lesser important details. in 2001 3 weeks past the lemon law deadline I found the car was rusting from the inside out, OK so 9 months later and in arbitration they finally decided to repaint the entire car. Ok that's not the worse: I had an extended GM warrantee for another 5 years after the 4 year manufacturers warrenty, every time I brought it in for maintance or minor prob they never found anything wrong. Now my warranty is over, Tues Evening 6/23 the check engine light goes on, in 30-45 seconds the car stops running. Had AAA tow it to my home and next day (Wed.) to the caddy dealer. They charge me $109 to access the problem, then tell me the timmer belt broke! it will cost another $600 labor for 5 hours of inspection to check the problem and depending what they find $$$$$$ to fix, Daaaaa! I call the service manager he tells me he'll check it out and call me back. Ok so now he calls me and tell me the rep miss-quoted what they were going to do. Now it's the tenssion Pully failed casing the timing belt to snap, to replace the who set is $699 + labor and suggested I invest another $150 to cange the collant pump at the same time so it doesn't run me additional labor and that the pump shows signs of leaking. Grand total of $1203 + tax. BUT depending on what happens after they change the Tensioner Pully & timming belt their might be additional cost if the car still will not start. OK so I tell him to go ahead. I decided to Goggle the problem to see what it is I am paying for, HELLLLLLO! what do I find but a Major RECALL back in 9/2002 on the tensioner pully failer causing the timing belt to snap!!!!!!!!! & replacement of the collant pump. I was never notified!!! They never told me anything every time I brought the car in for service. I only have less than 20,000 miles on the car as it's my 2nd vehicle!!!!! Normal replacement for the timing belt is 70+ miles. I call GM this morning, they confirm the recall and say they will check with the dealer. So now the dealer call's me back and tells me I'm not covered under the recall and do I want the good news or the bad first!!! they replaced the tensioner & timing belt and the car still will not turn over probably damage from when the belt snapped to the pressure valves (also a know problem if the tensioner fails when the belt bracks) that will cost me another $200 to lub the engine and try to unstick the valves (stage 2 of the assessemnt of damage) BUT the good news is that the collant pump is covered under the warranty! So that will save me about $100 from $1203+tax. So I getting the stage 2 evaluation charge for free! I have spent the entire morning on the phone with the dealer, GM regarding the recall, and every regulatory agency filing complaints for the damage casued to the vehicle that GM will not take responsibility on even thought it is a know defect and thoses parts were recalled 7 years ago and while I was still covered under the warrantee's. OK NOW for the Worse of The Worse. The dealer called me this afternoon car will not start, no pressure in the valves, the engine is severly damaged and will cost me $6300 to repair (stage 3). What do I want to do????? pay for the service already done and take the car back as is, or spend the $6300 to get it running. Hellllo the car is only worth $4000-5000 running. This is the last straw!! GM has never taken responsibility for any of the problems I've incurred since owning this Vehicle even when it was under warranty. The dealer over chrges forr things that are covered and claiming ignorance until I confront them on it. I have had nothing but horror stories on both my GM vehicles with dealers, forturnately my Vette has for the most part been trouble fee but I can't say the same for their dealers. It is understandable now why GM is in the shape it's in today, sell junk, don't stand behind the products you sell or own up to the problems and stick the customer, sorry guys their is no customer loyalty no matter how many offers you send me to purchase a new one.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Question Help!! fighing GM for damage from parts recalled on 98 Catera

Hello Everyone I'm posting as a separate thread from my other 2 reply posts, need any advise on how to deal with GM for damage caused to my 98 Catera on a defective part that GM will not take responsibility for.

I have spent the last 3 days going from bad to worse. I too have grown up with Cadillac in my family since 1956 and always believed they were the best of American made cars on the road. Ok her's my tale of woe. Since purchasing this piece of junk made and priced under the Cadillac label New in the end of the year cycle of the 98's in 99 it has been nothing but a headache. OK so I won't go into all the lesser important details. in 2001 3 weeks past the lemon law deadline I found the car was rusting from the inside out, when I tried to trade the car in they offered me $10,000 on a $36,000 2 year old vehicle and I quote " the that's all it's worth its rusting" OK so 9 months later and in arbitration they finally decided to repaint the entire car. OK that's not the worse: I had an extended GM warranty for another 5 years after the 4 year manufacturers warranty, every time I brought it in for maintenance or minor prob they never found anything wrong. Now my warranty is over, Tues Evening 6/23 the check engine light goes on, in 30-45 seconds the car stops running. Had AAA tow it to my home and next day (Wed.) to the caddy dealer. They charge me $109 to access the problem, then tell me the timer belt broke! it will cost another $600 labor for 5 hours of inspection to check the problem and depending what they find $$$$$$ to fix, Daaaaa! I call the service manager he tells me he'll check it out and call me back. Ok so now he calls me and tell me the rep miss-quoted what they were going to do. Now it's the tenssion Pully failed casing the timing belt to snap, to replace the whole set is $699 + labor and suggested I invest another $150 to change the coolant pump at the same time so it doesn't run me additional labor and that the pump shows signs of leaking. Grand total of $1203 + tax. BUT depending on what happens after they change the Tensioner Pully & timming belt their might be additional cost if the car still will not start. OK so I tell him to go ahead. I decided to Goggle the problem to see what it is I am paying for, HELLLLLLO! what do I find but a Major RECALL back in 9/2002 on the tensioner pully failer causing the timing belt to snap!!!!!!!!! & replacement of the coolant pump. I was never notified!!! They never told me anything every time I brought the car in for service. I only have less than 20,000 miles on the car as it's my 2nd vehicle!!!!! Normal replacement for the timing belt is 70+ miles. I call GM this morning, they confirmed the recall and say they will check with the dealer. then the dealer call's me back and tells me I'm not covered under the recall and do I want the good news or the bad first!!! they replaced the tensioner & timing belt and the car still will not turn over probably damage from when the belt snapped to the pressure valves (also a know problem if the tensioner fails when the belt brake's) that will cost me another $200 to lub the engine and try to unstick the valves (stage 2 of the assessment of damage) BUT the good news is that the coolant pump is covered under the warranty! So that will save me about $100 from $1203+tax. So I getting the stage 2 evaluation charge for free! I have spent the entire morning on the phone with the dealer, GM regarding the recall, and every regulatory agency filing complaints for the damage caused to the vehicle that GM will not take responsibility on even thought it is a know defect and those parts were recalled 7 years ago and while I was still covered under the warranty's. OK NOW for the Worse of The Worse. The dealer called me this afternoon car will not start, no pressure in the valves, the engine is severely damaged and will cost me $6300 to repair (stage 3). What do I want to do????? pay for the service already done and take the car back as is, or spend the $6300 to get it running. Hellllo the car is only worth $4000-5000 running . This is the last straw!! GM has never taken responsibility for any of the problems I've incurred since owning this Vehicle even when it was under warranty. The dealer over charges for things that are covered and claiming ignorance until I confront them on it. I have had nothing but horror stories on both my GM vehicles with dealers, fortunately my Vette has for the most part been trouble fee but I can't say the same for their dealers. It is understandable now why GM is in the shape it's in today, sell junk, don't stand behind the products you sell or own up to the problems and stick the customer, sorry guys their is no customer loyalty no matter how many offers you send me to purchase a new one. I just want to get this one running without getting stuck for the tab on a Known defect and recall, I have till Monday to tell the dealer to either go ahead with the repairs at my cost or pay for what their have already done and tow it home. I've contacted every regulatory agency I could think of today but they will not have any answers for weeks or months. Help! any suggestions??? to get GM to take responsibility by Monday????

Last edited by 98catara; 06-27-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

to the opening post quote ...
Heritage Cadillac should have found a way to "use" the $3,000 credit and find you an engine.

Customer loyalty ? what the heck is that?

I have none .. What you have gone through, I have seen countless times with all American cars, including Chev, Ford, Cadillac, Dodge, Chrysler .. but .. I do have to give you ONE EXCEPTION .. LINCOLN. My ownership of Lincolns and their customer service is beyond question, the best I have known and I have also owned Datsun, Nissan, Honda.

I no longer buy NEW ! I now only buy 4 to 6 yr old cars, de-bugged, 50-70% depreciated, and with proven performance in the particular specialty. I dont buy average cars, so that is my way.

what you have said, the Allante community has endured. The Allante is the orphan of GM/Cadillac, abandoned at the crib, and yet we just happen to like something about that damned car .. some of us even endure it with more than one of those. When we aquire another one, instead of congrats we give our condolences .. some of us, drive the Allante to their death, part them, and aquire another one..

Now that I said all that, I do have my hopes for a low mileage, 5 to 6 year old, CTS-V or STS-V, when they hit $5,000 ..

Customer Loyalty ? I dont think it has a place in this modern world.
That, IMHO, is what got GM and Chrysler, comfortable, fat, and stupid.

I hate to say it, but the same thing has happened to MB .. their quality has dropped to the floor where it once was at the top! Resale value has followed. BMW, same thing.

I believe that I know why all this is happening, but I dont want to **** of anyone here, so I will refrain from comments and personal opinion that I could make.

BTW, IMHO, I believe that the Northstar family of engines, 1993 to 2010, is both the best and the worse engine family GM has ever created. I see it as the the 1st trow away GM engine and hopefully the last. It is the best in many many ways, but the few bad traits far out weight all the good it offers.

to the subject thread ...
not much in details of a car that might be 10 yrs old .. used in who knows what cir***stances .. I dont mind putting the blame where it belongs, but one cant tell anything about the cir***stances here.
with all those issues, why is that car still on the road?
maybe because of my lack of loyalty, i dispose of cars for less than that, much less.

Last edited by Stealth; 06-29-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Certified Members

very, very unlikley GM will do anything on an 11 year old, 100,000 mile vehicle regardless....... if, if your reasonable with your request, and explain a six cadillac family, possible you may get from GM a $3000.00 voucher for the purchase of another cadillac. if an auto company does what your requesting, for one they would do for all. (oh boy)..... a line has to be somewhere, and imo your out of line....... sorry. enjoy the forum.
rickyd
rickyd

Old 06-28-2009, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by rickyd
very, very unlikley GM will do anything on an 11 year old, 100,000 mile vehicle regardless....... if, if your reasonable with your request, and explain a six cadillac family, possible you may get from GM a $3000.00 voucher for the purchase of another cadillac. if an auto company does what your requesting, for one they would do for all. (oh boy)..... a line has to be somewhere, and imo your out of line....... sorry. enjoy the forum.
rickyd
rickyd
does anyone bother to read these post before replying!

it is a 9 year old car!
I only have 20,000 miles on it
I am the original owner
The part that FAILED was RECALLED I was never notified
The additional bent valves was caused by the failure

And yes, I agree a New engine would only cost $3000 so why are they charging me $6300 to change the bent pressure valves.

$3000 Credit I wouldn't take a new Caddy if they gave it to me for FREE
The only reason I've kept this piece of junk in the first place is because it was paid in cash, it devalued so bad it wasn't worth selling and it was running, crappy but running and it served my purpose of using it for shopping rather than taking my Vette. And as the dealer said and I quote
" geeeze this car is in excellent condition, interior is very clean, the engine isn't even broken in yet"

The bottom line is They should be responsible for the repairs They knew there is a known defect that would cause this kind of damage at any age of the vehicle. The recall was in 2002 while I was still under manufacturers warranty and than I had another 4 year extended, and the only reason it didn't fail until NOW is my minimal use and low milage!

Old 06-28-2009, 10:30 AM

Sorry if you miss understood my post It's not an Allante nor is the problem with Heritage Cadillac. It's a 98 Catera and it's at Ocean Cadillac in Miami.

And yes, a used new engine would only cost around $3000 but the engine is OK it's only the bent pressure valves that they claim is the problem, caused by the shut down of the tensioner pully failure causing the belt to snap ( the RECALLED PARTS ) as well as the coolant pump. They want to only credit me for the pump! charge me for the part's that was recalled and the damage caused by the failure of those parts. A wooping total of $6300 when as you said a used engine would only be 3K but where are they going to find an engine with only 20,000 miles on it???????? as mine is. Not to mention a used Catera even with my low milage at a dealer would go for $5000-7000 and the book is $3000.

Owner Loyalty, How can you be Loyal to a company that has no Loyalty to their customers. We have been Caddy owners since I was a child, Well the BUCK stops here! They keep sending me offers with discounts for customer loyality rewards, Ha! They will never see my money again. Unfortunately the FED's don't feel the same way an our tax money is paying the fat cat's for ripping off the consumers.

Both U an my son are doing the same thing, he will only buy used too. Mostly Ford SUV's & Mercede's desiels because of the amount of traveling he does. If I cannot get GM to own up to their responsibility on this, I am just going to sell it for parts Sell my Vette which I love and Buy Anything but a GM product.

I'm already into them for the $1200 for their assessment of the repair that I have to pay to get the car back. Dammmmmm if I'm going to let them have it for the used parts when everything on it is in like new condition. I'll have it towed to my home before I'll let them have it to make a bundle using it for repair for some other idiot who bought a Catera.

I paid $2600 cash new after the trade in on my Deville that was 10 years old with only 22,000 miles on it that they credited me 10,000 for = $36,000 sticker price, after 2 years on this one when it had 5,000 miles they offered me $10,000 on a trade in. I've only kept it this long because it was worth Nothing and it was running and rather than use my vette to go to the malls or supermarkets it was usefull. Yes, you need to spend money as the car ages things will go wrong and it has to be maintained, But IN this case They knew there is a Defect to the tensioner pully that would cause this kind of damage and still they sat quiet waiting and hoping for my warrantee's to run out before it happened. I should not have to pay for this repair!! Not when those parts were recalled and they did nothing to prevent it from happening. So if I can get it repaired I will continue to use it for shopping if not find a scap yard that want's it, and buy a Ford, heck thier offering incredable customer incentives without having to be a Loyal Customer and they haven't taken a dime from the feds or are filling bankrupcy.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Certified Members

i read your post yesterday..... course it took me all day, got in today to try and answer.... the miles and year ........ i was thinking of another thread. NO BIG...... none the less your cooked, your done, GM is not going to do anything for you. and, im so sorry to hear you also have a problem with the dealer that works your "corvette." go figure!! ... as we say in my business ..... "do you want a good buy?"

COME TO THINK OF IT......
Catera's aren't really bad cars, their just expensive to repair when they break. Their a little harder to work on, because they were designed and built in Germany where cars never break down. Hot water valves dont seem to last. Check with dealer to make sure all recalls were done. DONT NEGLECT TIMING BELT! and dont overheat engine. Also there is a cabin fiter at right cowl it sits in a well that has a drain, that tends to become blocked by leaves,pine needles and the like. When it rains hard well can fill with water till it overflows in to right floor. Drain can be cleared through right front wheelwell. SLOWROLL

THIS WAS IN A THREAD THAT YOU WERE PART OF!!

Last edited by rickyd; 06-28-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by rickyd
i read your post yesterday..... course it took me all day, got in today to try and answer.... the miles and year ........ i was thinking of another thread. NO BIG...... none the less your cooked, your done, GM is not going to do anything for you. and, im so sorry to hear you also have a problem with the dealer that works your "corvette." go figure!! ... as we say in my business ..... "do you want a good buy?"

COME TO THINK OF IT......
Catera's aren't really bad cars, their just expensive to repair when they break. Their a little harder to work on, because they were designed and built in Germany where cars never break down. Hot water valves dont seem to last. Check with dealer to make sure all recalls were done. DONT NEGLECT TIMING BELT! and dont overheat engine. Also there is a cabin fiter at right cowl it sits in a well that has a drain, that tends to become blocked by leaves,pine needles and the like. When it rains hard well can fill with water till it overflows in to right floor. Drain can be cleared through right front wheelwell. SLOWROLL

THIS WAS IN A THREAD THAT YOU WERE PART OF!!
Daaaaaaaaaa I already stated NO RECALL work WAS ever DONE ! I was never notified! I confirmed that with GM already. They confirmed I was on the list of recalls but had no explanation for why I wasn't notified nor the dealer never advising me that it was on the recall list. Thus it wasn't done! Only now that the recalled parts failed and I googled what they were charging me for and found you site did I even find out about the recall. Even after it failed until I called GM and they called them the dealer claimed they didn't even know it was on the recall list. I don't care how old the car is! The timing belt should not have failed with less than 20,000 miles unless it was defective as GM is well aware that it was. No matter how many times I brought it in to caddy complaining about the sluggish performance they just kept telling me that it's not my vette, it's only a 6 cylinder and that's how the car run's. I'm a female I do not know about tech stuff, and trusted in the dealer to maintain the car properly while under 2 warrantee's.

As for checking anything else on it, What For I'm not going to pay this outrageous amount to repair something that they should have taken care of before it caused all this damage, I'd sooner sell it for scrap. They are liable for thier neglect, I've already spent all day friday on the phone with evey regulatory agency who also agree's they should be responsible to repair the car. Problem is they won't act as quickly and as I've already spent $1200 for the **** and bull rip off of evaluating the problem by replacing the Tensioner Pully mech & timing belt (the recalled part's) I will have to cut my loss and have the car towed to my home and let it site until the matter is resolved one way or another. I could have the whole engine rebuilt for $2000, you think I'm going to pay $6300 for the pressure valves.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Certified Members

File a "Small claims" against both the dealer that sold it, the dealer that serviced it, and Cadillac Co.

Hopefully you got all the evidence you stated and you get a sympathetic judge.

Going by what you have said, you got a good case, but leave the anger home when you walk into the court room. Simply bring the evidence and present it.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stomper
File a "Small claims" against both the dealer that sold it, the dealer that serviced it, and Cadillac Co.

Hopefully you got all the evidence you stated and you get a sympathetic judge.

Going by what you have said, you got a good case, but leave the anger home when you walk into the court room. Simply bring the evidence and present it.

Thanks Stomper, I intend to do that as a last resort I've already filed claims with the federal trade, insurance (under the warranty), & highway & safety on Friday. and will will do the consumers affairs on the internet today. Biggest problem I have is it's at the dealer and I have to tell them to go ahead with the repairs pay for it now, or have to tow it home and wait.
Which is what I intend to do, $6300 is an outragious for what needs to be done, especially when GM should be responsible.

As a matter of fact, going thru my doc's, I found a receipt from when I had to have 1 oxygen sensor (also a known failer but not a recall for my model year) replaced at a repair shop in 04 because the dealer said it was not covered under my warrenty but the repair shop got the aurthorization from GM Major Guard to do it when it had 11,300 miles on it at that point. Even with my extended warrenty, every time I brought the car in they kept telling me their was a $109 charge for diagnostics not the $50 deductable on the extended if they couldn't find any problem which they never do and or if they found a problem pay their rate for the repair if it was not covered under the warrenty which they always claimed. Yes, I know not everything is covered on an extended, but I bought the best policy that should have covered everything mechanical, electrical & electronic compononents for parts & labor less the $50 deductable.

Bottom line I'm going to stand my ground on this one, They knew this was a know failer (recall) and they did nothing to prevent it from happening or causing major damage. And the only reason it took this long to happen is my low millage not it's age. Again, thank you for your support, will let everyone know when their is a resolution one way or the other