General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 AM
Default Electric supercharger

I have gotten an e-mail response from North End Tuning regarding a supercharger for mycadillac . They want to sell me a custom kit for it. Have you heared anything about this company? http://www.electricchargers.com[/align]

Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Electric supercharger

I have not heard of the company however what is being sold does in theory make sense. What they are doig is getting more air at a increased speed into the engine. I suspect that it is also having a coolingeffect as it is run by an electric fan. So in theory,more air more oxygen morecombustion more power. If this will give you a 10% gain I'd say it is dirt cheap. They also say to use a K&N but doesn't K&N say they get 10% gain alone. In the end for $100 it's probably a good gamble to see how it works out.

I have seen tests on Northstars with different air filters including K&N and the cars are fatest with the traditional AC Delco OEM part. I put a K&N on my Suburban and it killed the power, a waste of $90. I put a K&N on a Bonneville and it really picked it up. My hobby car runs a traditional AC Delco as does my Deville. Every car reacts differently to aftermarket mods.