General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cluster Guage Information Panels

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Default Cluster Guage Information Panels

I own a '83 Eldorado, 4.1 L with the DFI. 26,500 miles & has the digital Cluster Guage with 2 information panels.

It appears that many of the lights are burned out. i.e. many of the different functions of the information panels do not light up when you install the key and turn it.

My question is? Do the Information Panels have individual lights for each function and can these lights be replaced. If not, then I assume I have more serious electricial issues.

The car works just fine, however for example the "Low windshield washer level" does not light up when the washer level is low or empty.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Cluster Guage Information Panels

Which panels are not lighting? The digital segments are vacuum floresent. If a segment(s) never lights up you will need new panel(s).

Old 12-22-2007, 10:49 PM

Two information panels, one on the left and the other on the right. Some of the lights light up on both sides, but not all of the lights on either side. I have been fooling with the windshield washer, trying to get it to work and have been trying to get the Low Washer Level light to come on, but it does not light up in any case on the information panel where it is suposed to light up. Have purchased one shop manual, but it does not address the information panels.

Can the information panels be replaced individually? The rest of the digital dash works just fine.

If I understand your answer these information panels do not have individual lights behind each function. i.e. washer level, engine oil pressure etc.

Can I purchase individual panels? for each side or do I have to find a complete cluster guage unit?

Old 12-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Certified Members

Cluster is serviced as an assemble, It may be possible to send off for repair, you could check with dealer or search net. I'm guessing fuel and temp guages are blank, or is it FDC. You really need to be more specific.