Brake Light on Dash On, No Issues with Brakes - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Old 11-05-2017, 09:46 PM

Default Brake Light on Dash On, No Issues with Brakes

Greetings:

I am brand new to this forum and I just yesterday( Nov 4, 2017) I purchased a used 1991 Cadillac Eldorado Blarritz. This morning I was driving it around (and I am slowly going through the list of issues the car has, though for the price I paid, it is a real gem). The brake warning light came on and stays on most of the time (going out every now and again) and the brakes are functioning normally and it stops perfectly.

I topped of the brake reservoir and the light is still on, the parking brake has not been set since I bought it and I am not sure what else to look at, something HAS to be causing the fault?
Anyhow, I am out of ideas at this moment, so any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks,

J. Michael Needham
Old 11-12-2017, 09:59 PM

Have an occasional problem like that .... the fluid level sensor in the reservoir sticks, especially when parked on a non-level surface. Maybe not as simple a save for you.