General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 deville interior courtesy function ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Default 98 deville interior courtesy function ?

Hello mithchb98 here. I have a well preserved low mile 98 deville. The stereo and other interior power functions are supposed to turn off with the key removed from lock cylinder and the drivers door open. A few weeks ago they started staying on, so I turn off stereo and hope batt does not run down over night. So much for hope, drained batt this morning. The battery will take a charge and is on a tender currently. I can't find a switch on door so I suspect the latch mech is the switch? My mind first goes to replacing the battery because experience tells me low voltage makes things like this happen. the battery is a delco does not look new or particularly old . Charging sys is charging@ 14 volts +/- .2volts I will test voltage w/meter when fully charged too see if I have dropped a cell. The car is completely stock inside and out no alterations or additions of any kind. This car was a one owner cadillac serviced garage kept car until I purchased 90 days ago. I also kept in the garage until a month ago. There are no leaks and no evidence of prior leak.RKE is not working but hasn't all along. I will welcome any suggestions. Thx mitchb98