General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 Deville have no spark

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:03 PM
eze
Default 67 Deville have no spark

I have a 67 Deville with a 429 engine it a 7.0 and i have no spark in did a complete tune up on it replace all spark plugs and wires cap and rotor and point under the rotor I also replaced the battery and the baterry wires and the ignition coil and my starter motor does crank but wont start it has a very weak spark. any help would mean alot.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Certified Members

Check voltage to coil should be atleast 9.1v in run and 10.5v when engine is cranking over. It could be points are not set right. How did it run prior to tune up?

Old 11-21-2010, 07:50 AM
eze

It started fine before i did have to spray a little bit of starter fluid to get her going but she start for sure but it would die out on me later when i be at a light waiting for it to turn green i was told it needed a rebuilt carb and my dumb *** try doing it my self and had a gas leak and cought the engine on fire i burned everything i had to replace the engine wire harness and the the vacuum lines ans got a new carb also new spark plugs wire replaced the cap and rotor and points and i checked all ground wires and tried several ignition coils and get a very weak spark

Old 11-21-2010, 07:54 AM
eze

i really don't know what else to check i feel like it is something small i just cant figure it out i don't even get any fuel going to carb so i thought it was my fuel pump but it wasn't
i replaced it and its still the same

Old 11-21-2010, 08:00 AM
eze
Post eze deville

Originally Posted by slowroll
Check voltage to coil should be atleast 9.1v in run and 10.5v when engine is cranking over. It could be points are not set right. How did it run prior to tune up?

I checked the points in fact i even replaced it just to see if that would be it but no luck i was told that the car had the wrong spark plug wires so i went out and got new ones and it does the same thing.