General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 04:35 PM
Default 2018 Escalade

Hoping you guys out there can give me some insight to two problems that I have

1st problem.

Here in BC Canada we seem to have a shortage of used vehicles on our sales lots. One of our dealers imported three high end cars from Mexico and had them brokered up to Canada. I bought one of them, a 2018 Cadillac Escalade. I have had an ON Star account for many many years so on arriving home with my new vehicle I pressed the On Star button but the language spoken was Spanish. Using my phone I called On Star and after many calls eventually got to talk to a technical rep. I was advised to take the vehicle to a GM dealer and have the mechanic call On Star and they would talk him through the procedure to convert to English. The end result was that it needed a new ON Star module but they were not available in Canada. I took this information back to the selling dealer. He apparently talked to GM/Cadillac and was told that the only way to correct the problem was to have the vehicle driven to the US and there they change out the modules. This does not make sense to me, why cannot the module be sent toCanada????

2nd Problem.

Within the first 6 weeks, twice I woke up to a dead battery. I again to the vehicle to the GM dealer who reported the following:

Tech comments: no fault found at this time. New battery: U-START USVH7-7-JB seven weeks old.
Let vehicle sit overnight, confirmed vehicle starts and runs. Tested battery
and confirmed battery test good with 12.65 volts-960CCA test code
92CAVG-284g01-A000017.
Performed AVR test on starting and charging system, confirmed starter tests
good at 134 amps at 2000 rpm loaded to 13.0 volts.
Performed parasitic drain test and verified drain measures within spec with
13 milli-amps, max allowable for this vehicle is 30 milli amps..Vehicle does
not seem to be driven often , recommend customer install trickle charger.

The vehicle never stood more than two days without being driven. This means if I drove to the airport and left my vehicle there as I went on a 7 days vacation the first thing I would have to do upon arrival is call a tow truck to get it started. I paid $75,000.00 for a vehicle that needs to be hooked up to a trickle charger!!!!

Have you guys out there have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Keith.