General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No start discharged battery after three days

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Default No start discharged battery after three days

Hello,
I have 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 , something is draining the battery after being parked between 3-4 days. Every day or two I have no problem, but only when it sits for three or more days. I have new battery, but they told me there may be a problem with the Remote control receiver ( Antenna Module) since my SUV has Tire Pressure Monitoring System.If so, what do I need to do to replace it? Does anyone has a picture of the part location?

Thanks

Old 05-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Default RE: No start discharged battery after three days

Do you happen to have any after market stereo equipment installed? I had a couple of different cars that had the EXACT same issue and it ended up being the aftermarket stereo & wiring in BOTH vehicles. Granted I took them to "the best" installer around and they still installed everything in both cars to where it drained the batteries every 2-3 days. So I ended up having to go out start them up and let them run for about 10-15 minutes every other day to insure the battery didn't drain.....was a HUGE pain. In the cold months it was an everyday thing. I ended up getting rid of those cars & vowed to never get another aftermarket set up in any car I get from that point on.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:10 PM

I had the same problem in my Mustang, but it didn't start until after I put the new battery in. After several trips to the parts store where the battery checked OK, I took it to a store that just sells batteries. They tested it on a full load tester, the entire test cycle took nearly 45 minutes to complete. That tester said I had a short in one cell in the new battery. I took it back to the parts store, they exchanged it for a new one (I paid the difference for an upgrade), and the problem hasn't reappeared for two years now. Obviously, all battery testers are not created equal.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:06 PM

Sometimes the battery can develop a short and cause your problem. Even if the battery is not to old this can happen usually in the cold weather. Take the battery or your car to AutoZone have them test it (they will for free) also be sure the connections to the battery and starter/solenoid is good. Then if that don’t work check the alternator