General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2010 CTS4 p0008 fixed now p0342

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 11:21 PM

I would love to hear more. I am currently on Fentanyle patch with oxycodone for breakthru pain but as you know there is really no such thing as break thru pain as it is all the time and they never give you enough medicine thanks to the drug seekers. I am lucky my best friend owns the shop I work at and he lets me just do what I am able too otherwise I could no longer be a mechanic. I basicly keep the young guys out of trouble and do the shops diagnostics and electricle issues. My email is shotstraight@live.com feel free to blow off some steam whenever you need too, I understand the pain even though I have not been thru what you have. Suffering around the clock I get. I will help you with your cars any way I can.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:26 PM

When you get out from under this CTS I can give you a future heads up on what to look for in your next investment purchase so you hope fully will not get stuck with another problem like this. I can share TSB and Manufacurer info from my shop data source with you.

Old 11-12-2019, 07:05 AM
Default 2010 CTS4 p0008 and need ro sell

Originally Posted by Short Fuse
When you get out from under this CTS I can give you a future heads up on what toa look for in your next investment purchase so you hope fully will not get stuck with another problem like this. I can share TSB and Manufacurer info from my shop data source with you.
Thanks for the reply. I woild like any info you have. I do have one extended warranty left:

Special Coverage 14582

this covers a Throttle body issue that can cause rough idle.
I doubt that they cover this if i don't have the code in my car for TB? Or would they still fix the TB if no code?
I just want the p0008 gone to sell this otherwise very nice car.
What about theTB getting fixed under warranty and helping the p0008? Another shot in the dark but have to try if it's covered.

Thanks for any info.
I'll send my story but i need to add some things that changed this year, not for the better, added/changed diagonis and insreased meds. The underlying symptom for almost all of many diagnosis is pain not being controlled.Can't get fent patches, oxys for breakthrough, benzos to help sleep, not anymore in MI. My many Dr's know this is slowly doing serious damage but are powerless to help. It's easy to see which ones since you can tell in their facial expressions. You are lucky (somewhat anyway) to still get those pain meds in whatever state you are in.
I had my first ketamine infusion on Friday 11/8 without much help, there's one more but no more just more pills if it works a 2nd time. I maybe felt better for the afternoon, evening but it's hard to tell anymore. Certainy not on this Sun or Mon or Tue morning.
I need to try the ketamine clinics around here but insurance does not cover these and they cost over $1k per sesion. But then my hospital Clinic will tell me to not come back since i disobeyed their protocol. No more pain meds from them anyway. They could at least get up to VA standards and add 6 treatments with nuch higher iv doses of ketamine

But i have to do what I can since the eratic BP is damaging my brain.Thanks for the reply and hope to hear from you soon.

Plus while in the dealer maybe a cost break on the on the timing chain? Just a few last thoughts before i go for the chain kit.
I can't do it due problems mentioned, but any advice i will take.
What does your place charge for chain and tensioner Kit?
Hope to hear from you again.
Wow this another long text! I need to delete these when i use your email. Mine is jluke2525@aol.com

Last edited by Jluke; 11-12-2019 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Typo