General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2008 Cadillac CTS no heat driver's side

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Default 2008 Cadillac CTS no heat driver's side

Hello everyone. I'm having some heating issues with my 2008 Cadillac CTS. The passenger side works perfectly, very hot air. The driver's side does not blow hot air at all. It's actually not even warm. I removed the driver's side kick panel and when I adjust the temperature up and down I can see the arm moving up and down opening and closing the vent door. Also when I'm using A/C the temperature adjusts up and down on the driver's side just fine. I've found some forums discussing this same issue on older CTS's that recommended having the heater core back flushed. Is that the same problem I may be having? Or is it something else? Thank you in advance for any advice.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:08 PM

Chris,

I have the same issue with my 08 CTS, i read the same thing about the heater core being flushed and solved the problem(on the pre-2008 models)... took mine to my tech and had the core flushed, made no difference. I have disconnected the battery so the HVAC module resets but no change ....I do see the temp. door actuator moving when i change the temp., i have a suspicion that the gears are broken or stripped inside the actuator..its extremely hard to get at, haven't had the time to try. Can anyone confirm if they have had the temp.door actuator replaced to solve this issue?

B

Old 10-29-2023, 01:55 PM
Default 2009 CTS successful after 3 hours of flushing heater core

Originally Posted by black08cts
Chris,

I have the same issue with my 08 CTS, i read the same thing about the heater core being flushed and solved the problem(on the pre-2008 models)... took mine to my tech and had the core flushed, made no difference. I have disconnected the battery so the HVAC module resets but no change ....I do see the temp. door actuator moving when i change the temp., i have a suspicion that the gears are broken or stripped inside the actuator..its extremely hard to get at, haven't had the time to try. Can anyone confirm if they have had the temp.door actuator replaced to solve this issue?

See picture for more details. My first simple heater core back flush made no improvement in heat, but once I started capturing small particles on second try I persisted with regulated air pressure and water until clear water flushed back through screen.

B

Simple flush did not help heat issue on driver's side.This is what was clogging the driver side of the heater core. This is about 80% of what was removed. Had to use 20 psi air hose to back flush over and over several times (3 hours) until I had clear water. Poured flush in a little at a time and pressurized for several minutes. Without a fine filter (kidney stone screen) hard to see the sediment coming out each time. A few larger flakes, but mainly a grainy silica mixture.